Fox Goes Geocaching

A Fox affiliate in Houston, TX follows a couple who look for geocaches in their area. Nothing really new here, but it is always interesting to see how Fox's style differs from other affiliates. Lots of quick pans, zooms and throw in a rack focus for good measure. See the story here.

Have you noticed every cacher interviewed uses the overused quote of, I use multimillion dollar satellites to find tupperware in the woods or some variation of it?

Welll the half of America is using the same billion dollar technology to drive junior to school. TURN LEFT, TURN RIGHT :ph34r: Or where is the nearest Dunkin Donuts, ... about 528 feet :)

The expression that is now officially hackneyed is "High Tech Treasure Hunt", I went out this morning and rode a 12 cache mountain bike series, there was not a treasure to be found, but it was one amazingly creative and thoughtful series and it provided me with more exercise than is prudent and a whole lot of fun.

Just once I would like to hear someone say "It's fun" in answer to Why do you do it.

I thought that was a pretty nice video. I also didn't see much interviewing? It was more of a narrative? Plus no real repetition on your concerns in that story. I know of a site with the phrase you mention, but it wasn't overly present there?

Am I missing something? I thought it was a good enough piece. ????? :ph34r:

Edited by carleenp

I thought that was a pretty nice video. I also didn't see much interviewing? It was more of a narrative? Plus no real repetition on your concerns in that story. I know of a site with the phrase you mention, but it wasn't overly present there?

Am I missing something? I thought it was a good enough piece. ????? :anibad:

I think their point is that every geocaching article that appears in a major newspaper is pretty much the same. I read them when I get the weekly mailer, and they essentially ARE all the same. Try it; it gives you a very deja-vu feeling if you read a bunch in a row.

I think their point is that every geocaching article that appears in a major newspaper is pretty much the same. I read them when I get the weekly mailer, and they essentially ARE all the same. Try it; it gives you a very deja-vu feeling if you read a bunch in a row.

And that's pretty much true of any esoteric hobby... There's only so much you can say that will be comprehensible to the average viewer/listener/reader/'outsider'.

...In other news, 89 people died in a Mosque bombing in Democratic Iraq today, now let's check on the weather....

I'm not overly left or right, but Fox News is straight propaganda.

And what was with that goofy Casio music going on in the background?

Haven't watched CNN lately huh? At least there is balanced propaganda now..

...In other news, 89 people died in a Mosque bombing in Democratic Iraq today, now let's check on the weather....

Too bad people bicker over whose news is left or right wing based. Imagine what we as a species could do if we simply thought for ourselves. we might actually vote intelligently, make informed decisions and god forbid, work together to solve our worlds problems!

I digress though, it is ashame the post had to be politically charged from both sides. I just felt like jumping in on it.

Too bad people bicker over whose news is left or right wing based. Imagine what we as a species could do if we simply thought for ourselves. we might actually vote intelligently, make informed decisions and god forbid, work together to solve our worlds problems!

I digress though, it is ashame the post had to be politically charged from both sides. I just felt like jumping in on it.

I didn't mean to politcally charge anything. I was just irritated at the propaganda. I do agree with Ready or Not, that the only propaganda isn't right or left. Everything has been dumbed down to a sound bite or two.

I just wish people didn't listen and base opinions off of what someone tells them to think.

Again, this is a general statement, I've won't say anything about our Coke and Pepsi political parties :anibad: