play Wherigo with the garmin oregon

geohiker55

From what I read on Garmin's web site, the Oregon should come equipped with the Wherigo player. Now, what version of the player we're dealing with... that's an important question. What's fixed, what's not: I don't know where to find documentation for that.

I doubt there will be a player for the Mac like there is for a Windows PC. It's my understanding Groundspeak is interested in (later) creating a web version of the builder. A web version will be available to every platform.

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions has the current Oregon versions.

Garmin software 2.2 lists the Garmin Player version as 2.20 and Wherigo Engine as 2.11.

The Player version always seems to be the same as the Garmin software version. 2.11 is probably the important number. Ranger Fox can you shed any light on how this relates to the player versions published here?

GO$Rs

Ranger Fox can you shed any light on how this relates to the player versions published here?
Actually, I can't. I don't have access to the Wherigo Player's changelog on the device. I would love to know the differences between each version on each platform: PDA, Colorado, and Oregon. FYI: The Colorado also has the v.2.11 Engine.

Mark my words: so long as bug fixes and features for the Player application come out on a regular basis and the number of Player-enabled GPS receivers increase, the problem of which device version has which fix/feature will become more important to solve. At the moment, there are three distinct versions of the Player application due to no common installer: PDA, Colorado, and Oregon. While there is a change log for the PDA version, the Garmin installers do not indicate which fixes made it into which version. I just hope Garmin keeps that particular version of the Player in sync across all their devices.

So, no, I don't have version information for the Garmin players. I'll ask around and see if there's any more information I can find. No guarantees on this, though.