Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fizzy coins My latest project

#1 User is offline   Kealia 

• Where's the Precious....?
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

So...most that know me, or have "seen" me in the forums know that I like coins that mean something.

For example, my last coin project was a DeathMarch Coin.

I'm proud to announce the arrival of the "Well Rounded Cacher Coin", or locally known as the "Fizzy Coins:.

These coins are available only to finders of the "Well Rounded Cacher" caches that are now across the US!

Here's a link to the orignal cache that started the madness. There's a link to the rest of them on my cache page as well.

In short, for those that don't know, you have to find a cache with every D/T combination - which amounts to 81 caches.

This project wouldn't have come to fruition without the owners of the other caches joining together to make this happen - THANK YOU!

Acquiring the coin itself is up to the owner of each cache to determine - but they should have them in their hands in the next two weeks. (I have them now and need to get them shipped out after this week's travel).

Thought you all might want to see:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Sparticus06 

• Just your average cacher

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

Very nice! I know I have far from found them all

#3 User is online   hydnsek 

• High on life
  • Group: +Charter Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

Very cool! :huh: As FTF on the Washington Well Rounded Cacher Challenge, I'm definitely interested.

But I'm a little fizzy, er, fuzzy on the logistics. We get the coins from the cache owner (FluteFace for Washington's), not you? Assume we will pay the cache owner for them? What about getting them personalized with our caching names?

Thanks for the clarifications - and the coin!

This post has been edited by hydnsek: 10 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

#4 User is offline   fox-and-the-hound 

• The Chase Is On!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Tremendous idea! My hat's off to everyone involved in this project. Very, VERY cool! :huh:

#5 User is offline   Kealia 

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

View Posthydnsek, on Aug 10 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

Very cool! :) As FTF on the Washington Well Rounded Cacher Challenge, I'm definitely interested.

But I'm a little fizzy, er, fuzzy on the logistics. We get the coins from the cache owner (FluteFace for Washington's), not you? Assume we will pay the cache owner for them? What about getting them personalized with our caching names?

Thanks for the clarifications - and the coin!

Ya mean ya want one? Contact Flutey :blink:

#6 User is offline   TokyoBlossom 

• Geocacher
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

This looks like a really great challenge and one I would sure love to complete (I will have to figure out a way to see how far along I am).

I didn't see one of the "Well Rounded Cacher" caches listed for my state and I was wondering if there are plans for more expansion?

Nevermind, I looked up only "Well Rounded Cacher" and not "Fizzy Challenge" the first time. I see one now.

This post has been edited by TokyoBlossom: 11 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

#7 User is offline   avroair 

• Geocacher

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

Is there an easy way to find out what combinations we are missing? :blink:

#8 User is offline   MustangJoni 

• Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

View Postavroair, on Aug 11 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

Is there an easy way to find out what combinations we are missing? :blink:

Load your myfinds pocket query into www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com

#9 User is offline   coreynjoey 

• CoreyNJoey

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

View PostMustangJoni, on Aug 11 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

View Postavroair, on Aug 11 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

Is there an easy way to find out what combinations we are missing? :)

Load your myfinds pocket query into www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com

Or use This macro for GSAK

Make sure you read your states challenge rules. I was all excited when I used the macro because I had all the combos, but then I read that the finds had to be on caches that were placed before the challenge was published. After filtering that out, well, I now have a long ways to go :blink:

and to stay on topic....great coin Kelia! I hope to earn one someday!

This post has been edited by coreynjoey: 11 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

#10 User is offline   ~tasia~ 

• Geocacher

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

I've got 50 of the 81 combinations. That's including the whole country. Haven't filtered out just my state. My state doesn't even have the challenge, I think someone may be making one, but they've been talking about it for over 6 months now and no cache yet.

I would love to have one of those coins someday!

#11 User is offline   GPX Navigators 

• Geocacher

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Great looking coin for a great cache concept.

#12 User is offline   maldar 

• Geocacher

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Now I have a reason to go and try for a cache of each combination.

maldar

#13 User is offline   MustangJoni 

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

I just finished the Texas 81 Challenge!

My boyfriend and I were second and third to find in our state!

#14 User is offline   Kealia 

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

All of these coins should be in the hands of the cache owners now (those who participated anyway).

I was going to put a list here of those folks, but some may want to do this quietly and not publicize that they have them so I'lll let them come forward if they choose. A lot of the cache owners and putting notes on their cache pages or logs to let folks know.

Now, if I only had more time to complete my own dadgum challenge...

#15 User is offline   MustangJoni 

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Even without a coin, the challenge was a blast!

#16 User is offline   The_Geomonkeys 

• Geocacher

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

One of our good friends completed this challenge and shared her coin with us this past weekend. Very well designed coin and a fun challenge from the sounds of things...thanks for creating a unique caching related challenge coin.

#17 User is offline   JoenSue 

• Premium Member

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

Just finished the PA Area-81 fizzy...beautiful coin. Is there a way get an extra coin ?

#18 User is offline   Trekkin' and birdin' 

• Premium Member

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

Soooo....let's say a team has finished the requirements for this. And this team will be heading to get one of the caches that's listed on the master list. And that cache owner seems not to have the coins?

Any way a person could purchase one directly once they've proved completion? I'm just saying. Is all! :lol:

#19 User is offline   snowball's-keepers 

• Premium Member

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

Okay, a little tired right now but this really caught my attention!
I just need a point or two clarified. I have completed the requirements for the Fizzy challenge and was planning to grab the closest one in Mass (that gives me an idea, maybe I should place one it CT :anibad: ) but, once I find the cache, I will be able to buy one of these coins from the owner of the Mass cache??

#20 User is offline   007BigD 

• Covert Cacher

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Great accomplishment coin!!! One youd look at and be like "DUDE on this cache I found to get this coin I ...." "and this one...."

I like only being to obtain one by completing the challenge...makes it special.

#21 User is offline   fairyhoney 

• Geocacher . . . Coiner . . . !

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

SO, there Is a graph of some kind that we can download?- (for free :huh: ) and does it sort out our caches into where they go?

This post has been edited by fairyhoney: 20 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

#22 User is offline   Mauison 

• MauiBuiltCachers

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:52 AM

View Postfairyhoney, on Sep 20 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

SO, there Is a graph of some kind that we can download?- (for free :huh: ) and does it sort out our caches into where they go?

You can upload your My Finds pocket query to http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/ and it'll show you a nice chart of your D/T finds.

#23 User is offline   Kealia 

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostJoenSue, on Sep 10 2008, 07:46 AM, said:

Just finished the PA Area-81 fizzy...beautiful coin. Is there a way get an extra coin ?

That would be up to the owner of the PA cache assuming he/she participated. Many of us agreed to "one cacher, one coin" to avoid them being sold, traded, etc. but I'm sure folks would make exceptions for teams and the like if that's the case. But, not my cache, not my call.

View PostTrekkin' and birdin', on Sep 17 2008, 11:34 AM, said:

Soooo....let's say a team has finished the requirements for this. And this team will be heading to get one of the caches that's listed on the master list. And that cache owner seems not to have the coins?

Any way a person could purchase one directly once they've proved completion? I'm just saying. Is all! :huh:

I only made enough to offer them to the first 25 finders of my cache, so I'm sorry to say that I don't think anybody has extras. Maybe one of the cache owners will decide to offer one up to somebody out of their area but since I committed on my cache listing to the first 25 I need to stick to that, sorry.

View Postsnowball's-keepers, on Sep 18 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

Okay, a little tired right now but this really caught my attention!
I just need a point or two clarified. I have completed the requirements for the Fizzy challenge and was planning to grab the closest one in Mass (that gives me an idea, maybe I should place one it CT B) ) but, once I find the cache, I will be able to buy one of these coins from the owner of the Mass cache??

Assuming they particpated in the group buy = yes.

View PostMauison, on Sep 20 2008, 11:52 AM, said:

View Postfairyhoney, on Sep 20 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

SO, there Is a graph of some kind that we can download?- (for free B) ) and does it sort out our caches into where they go?

You can upload your My Finds pocket query to http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/ and it'll show you a nice chart of your D/T finds.

There you go! Just make sure that you read the cache page CAREFULLY. Some have rules that won't fit into this program. For example, all finds that count towards my cache have to be on caches that were published BEFORE mine (to avoid false ratings). The site doesn't provide date cut-offs so you'd have to check manually.

#24 User is offline   Clubmud! 

• Grid Filler

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hey Kealia, any chance of doing a reorder. There are 32 states that have Fizzy's now. I don't know how many states there were when you did the initial buy! Clubmud1 owner of South Dakota's Well Rounded Cacher GC1X61M. I am interested and I am sure the other new states would be also. What's the minimum order?

#25 User is offline   The Weasel 

• Hey look, "smiles ahead"

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

HELP!!

Is there anybody or anyway that I can purchase 1 or 2 of these coins?

I will be completing the fizzy challenge next weekend in Iowa with another cache and I would like to surprise them and present them with this cool coin.

If I could purchase 2, that would be awesome, but if I could only get one, that would cool as I can use this as a gift to my fellow cacher.

Thanks!!

Tim, aka The Weasel

#26 User is offline   The Weasel 

• Hey look, "smiles ahead"

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

I would think that if we could get enough people interested, that we could have another minting done and split the costs? I think this accomplishment should have a coin that GC could market well with the other "accomplishment" coins I have seen for sale. Either that, or at the very least I may do a Path Tag.

#27 User is offline   Kealia 

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

I realize this is an old thread/coin but I've received 4 emails about this coin in the last week so it seems that a number of people are finishing up this challenge across the US and looking for a coin so I thought it might be a good idea to address it here.

I will not be minting more of these coins.

I intended these to be rewards for the first finders of my (and other's) cache and I know many cachers who worked hard very quickly to ensure they could finish it in time to get one of these coins. Minting more now would, in my opinion, take away from those 'trophies'.

I understand this decision will likely be popular with current coin holders and very unpopular for those wanting to get one. I'm sorry, but that's the decision that I made a while ago and I am sticking to it.

Good, bad or indifferent - there it is.

I hope if you don't agree with the decision you can at least understand the reasoning behind it.

(And before anybody asks: yes, I've thought about doing a different finish/color to differentiate the series. I realize this could be a good money maker, but that's not what it is, or eve has been, about. Thanks.)

#28 User is offline   MustangJoni 

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

For those finishing now, and want a coin to commemorate the accomplishment, Landsharkz has recently minted a coin for this.

81 Grid Champion Coin

While I am proud to have the original, this coin should help those finishing now have something to commemorate the challenge.

#29 User is offline   JoenSue 

• Premium Member

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

View PostKealia, on 23 December 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

I realize this is an old thread/coin but I've received 4 emails about this coin in the last week so it seems that a number of people are finishing up this challenge across the US and looking for a coin so I thought it might be a good idea to address it here.

I intended these to be rewards for the first finders of my (and other's) cache and I know many cachers who worked hard very quickly to ensure they could finish it in time to get one of these coins. Minting more now would, in my opinion, take away from those 'trophies'.

I understand this decision will likely be popular with current coin holders and very unpopular for those wanting to get one. I'm sorry, but that's the decision that I made a while ago and I am sticking to it.

I hope if you don't agree with the decision you can at least understand the reasoning behind it.

(And before anybody asks: yes, I've thought about doing a different finish/color to differentiate the series. I realize this could be a good money maker, but that's not what it is, or eve has been, about. Thanks.)

Well said and totally agree. :cool:

#30 User is offline   LewisClan77 

• Recovering FTF Addict

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have not found any of the Fizzy caches, but I did just fill in my grid. As I was getting close to filling it I noticed one on the Eplace. I am glad I won it because I might not have one otherwise.

#31 User is offline   steben6 

• It is what it is

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostKealia, on 23 December 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

+1

#32 User is offline   Kealia 

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostLewisClan77, on 23 December 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

I have not found any of the Fizzy caches, but I did just fill in my grid. As I was getting close to filling it I noticed one on the Eplace. I am glad I won it because I might not have one otherwise.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked to hear that one was on eBay (not because I have issues with it, I'm just surprised that somebody was willing to part with one) - congrats on getting one.

#33 User is offline   The Moop Along 

• The Man with the Metal

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

I really don't think that coins hold the same meaning to some people as others. I know two people who completed the fizzy challenge, and sold me their coins for $8 each. And I see them on Ebay every now and again, and they certainly never tip over $10. It's just interesting to see different dynamics all unfolding in one hobby ;) If I ever wanted to complete the Fizzy, and got a coin for it, I'd have a hard time parting with it for sure. But that's just me.

TMA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic