A combined map for two (or more) cachers

Biertjuh

As cool as that would be, I don't think there's any way to do it graphically like that. I use a Firefox extension, Geocaching VIP List by Lil Devil, when I'm planning caches with friends; you can use that to have a cache page quickly show you who (among a list of people you load into it) has found the cache by sorting them into a new box near the top of the web page. I like it very much, I use it for just the sort of thing you appear to want to do, and it's never given my computer a problem.

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips for my maps, I'm sure there are other apps that have the same capabilities. Convert your GPX files to CSV format using GPSBABEL or something similar, and Streets can read that. Load both your file and your friend's and you'll have a map showing both sets. You can even make the different caches different symbols and colors.

Ed

As cool as that would be, I don't think there's any way to do it graphically like that. I use a Firefox extension, Geocaching VIP List by Lil Devil

Thanks for the reactions, I have installed the script and it works for me.

We (used to) have a map for it on geocaching.nl, the Dutch geocaching site, but because off different reasons it is not up to date. Perhaps it is an idea for the designers of the .com site to make such a map, were you can define your search options, for two or three cachers, difficulty in terrain, length of the walk etc.

Here you can find the part where you can define your wishes for a day caching

Greetings, Marja

Edited by Biertjuh

The problem was so pervasive that Clyde devised a macro that solves this problem - again without violating TOU.

Just to clarify (since some of the suggestions in this thread violate TOU and some don't) ... uploading your My Finds to INATN and using that site to compare to other cachers' uploaded My Finds does not violate the TOU. (Indeed, I believe Groundspeak has provided some financial support to INATN.)

Edited by beejay&esskay
uploading your My Finds to INATN and using that site to compare to other cachers' uploaded My Finds does not violate the TOU

That is indeed true.

Also - the GSAK method (A) didn't involve Geocaching.com and getting a sanction and (B) also does not violate the Terms of Use agreement.