Cache Maps Disappeared...

OzGuff

A few hours ago the maps on any cache page I try to access disappeared. I now see this symbol in the upper map location and a smaller version in the lower map location:

69a051e6-8d78-48ce-b7c1-8aa3602fbe15.jpg

I can still use the Map It icon on the account page to get to Google Maps but once I try to go to a cache page I see the same symbol.

Windows XP

Firefox 3.0.5

All cache pages seem to be impacted

This is the image which google maps displays if your API key usage is over quota.

Did you do a LOT of cache page viewing that day? Or, are you behind a proxy with lots of users?

See: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documenta...ticmaps/#Limits

"Use of the Google Static Maps API is also subject to a query limit of 1000 unique (different) image requests per viewer per day. Since this restriction is a quota per viewer and not per key, most developers should not need to worry about exceeding their quota. Additionally, note that requests of identical images, in general, do not count towards this limit beyond the original request."

This is the image which google maps displays if your API key usage is over quota.

Did you do a LOT of cache page viewing that day? Or, are you behind a proxy with lots of users?

See: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documenta...ticmaps/#Limits

"Use of the Google Static Maps API is also subject to a query limit of 1000 unique (different) image requests per viewer per day. Since this restriction is a quota per viewer and not per key, most developers should not need to worry about exceeding their quota. Additionally, note that requests of identical images, in general, do not count towards this limit beyond the original request."

That could be it, though I don't think I got anywhere close to 1000. I was changing some info on a whole bunch of my caches and likely looked at a couple of hundred cache pages. Maybe more.

Thanks!