Leg distance? Series of Legs?

badminton1597

Hey all,

I'm new to geocaching. I figured I'd try geocaching for the first time over the weekend. I chose an easy one to see what it would be like. I was out for 3-4 hours and I still couldnt' find it. Here is what I tried to do: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...15-a1e44d57be11

I was able to do the first part where we had to find the tag. From there, I did exactly as it says: go x amount of meters at x degrees from true north. I did that and found nothing. I then ended up basically going 100 m in any direction and still couldn't find it. The only thing I can see that I did wrong was this whole "leg distance" or "series of legs". What exactly is that? What am I supposed to do with that?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Just took a look at the cache. They used unfamiliar wording is all. The "series of legs" just means a series of short trips. For example, the number on the tag is 400 M, meaning 400 meters. That means your first leg (distance to travel) is 400 M in the direction given. Then, per the description, the next leg you continue 200 M in the same direction, then the next is 100, etc until you reach the cache ; they described where it was placed.

"leg distance" means the distance you travel in each of the separate little trips. "Leg" here is used the same as legs of a relay race, if that helps clarify.

Edited by dixiedawn