We need your photos!

Groundspeak have asked me to put up this request for your photos. If you can help then please contact them direct.

Groundspeak is looking for geocaching photos in the UK for use in promotional marketing materials. We are looking for photos that help explain what geocaching is; pictures that include people walking, climbing, holding a geocache, with a GPS device or similar subjects are ideal. We would prefer photos that are of you, family or friends rather than those that solely include scenery or geocaches. A great photo will include a range of colors and an interesting location specific to your country.

If you have a photo that fits these requirements and would like to use it to help promote geocaching, please send the high resolution version to creative@Groundspeak.com. Photos may be used for any number of promotional marketing purposes, including public event displays, website images, advertising, and printed materials for events, education and promotion. If we would like to use your photo, we will email back a Photo Release Form for you to complete. Please understand that we may not be able to respond to all emails.

Thanks in advance for your support!"

Chris

Graculus - Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Resource website - www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

Edited by Graculus

I'm thinking maybe a UK/Europe specific one of these mazelogo_cachetype.jpg could be on the cards?

There is nothing to say that, that may not be the case, but given that the current North American tour has pictures of UK cachers I don't think they will be looking for specific photo's from the UK or Europe just to host one on this side of the pond!

But I may be wrong? :laughing:

The question was asked about what resolution to send. The answer is the highest resolution available so if you have RAW images then send those. As it is for a professional produced brochure the graphics company would be able to handle them. I would also send a JPG version too so the people at Groundspeak can see them in case they can't view RAW images (my experience is that not all graphics programs can handle the RAW files from some camera manufacturers).

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

Edited by Graculus

The question was asked about what resolution to send. The answer is the highest resolution available so if you have RAW images then send those. As it is for a professional produced brochure the graphics company would be able to handle them. I would also send a JPG version too so the people at Groundspeak can see them in case they can't view RAW images (my experience is that not all graphics programs can handle the RAW files from some camera manufacturers).

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

It might be better to send thumbnails first, and then the full resolution files later if they are suitable. A lot of digital SLRs (even consumer grade these days) will produce a 10MB RAW file which then converts to a JPEG which can be another 10-15MB.

Given the choice of 25MB for each picture, or a 200kb thumbnail with an offer of a larger file, I know which I'd prefer to be in my inbox.

Now you see... all this techy talk has put me off.

I had sorted some pics out to send, but as I just pick up my camera, point it, shoot the pic and say "aahhhhh..." then shove it on my PC, I haven't the foggiest now what they want.. raw, or cooked files, and sizes... hell, I dont even know how to resize a picture...

I'm afraid I won't be bothering... if they want pics, surely they can handle a pic I send them and then play with it to make it a "better one" for their use???

I really wouldn't send RAW files as they are precisely that, RAW information from the camera sensor. It isn't any higher resolution than a jpg, it just isn't compressed. A saved full size jpeg of a RAW image will be the same resolution as a RAW file, but probably half the size or smaller.

Also, if you send a RAW file, you have no control over how the software at the other end interprets the file.

Much better to send jpegs all round.

Now you see... all this techy talk has put me off.

I had sorted some pics out to send, but as I just pick up my camera, point it, shoot the pic and say "aahhhhh..." then shove it on my PC, I haven't the foggiest now what they want.. raw, or cooked files, and sizes... hell, I dont even know how to resize a picture...

I'm afraid I won't be bothering... if they want pics, surely they can handle a pic I send them and then play with it to make it a "better one" for their use???

Hi Hazel,

Just send what you have, they will do one of two things:

Accept it as it :D is or reject it :D . If they want a better resolution I am sure they will ask, I think that might be three things now, oh well, who is counting. :D

PS I also have no idea about RAW pictures I just assumed they were badly taken ones :D