Groundspeak Forums: How to Clear Waypoints from eTrex Venture HC - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Clear Waypoints from eTrex Venture HC

#1 User is offline   kaline06 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

Hi all,

So I figured out the pocket query thing, and downloaded 500 caches that are close to my house. Very cool! Unfortunately, I'm out of memory on my eTrex Venture HC, and I don't know how to clear out the waypoints so that I can add a subset of the 500 caches I imported. The only way I see to do this is to go 1 by 1. There has to be a better way, right?

If it helps, I'm using Garmin's RoadTrip software on a Mac.

Thanks!
-Kaline

#2 User is offline   NV Cache Bandits 

• Premium Member

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

View Postkaline06, on Aug 23 2009, 10:26 AM, said:

Hi all,

So I figured out the pocket query thing, and downloaded 500 caches that are close to my house. Very cool! Unfortunately, I'm out of memory on my eTrex Venture HC, and I don't know how to clear out the waypoints so that I can add a subset of the 500 caches I imported. The only way I see to do this is to go 1 by 1. There has to be a better way, right?

Thanks!
-Kaline

You can format the unit by holding down the power/page/enter buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
This will however delete all of the units info, so be sure anything you want to keep is backed up into mapsource.

#3 User is offline   kaline06 

• Premium Member

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

View Postspucknit, on Aug 23 2009, 09:30 AM, said:

View Postkaline06, on Aug 23 2009, 10:26 AM, said:

Hi all,

Thanks!
-Kaline

You can format the unit by holding down the power/page/enter buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
This will however delete all of the units info, so be sure anything you want to keep is backed up into mapsource.

Ahhh...found a better way than just resetting the unit...if you go to Find | Waypoints (or Geocache), and then hit the menu button, you can select delete and then you're all set. Thanks!

#4 User is offline   Bear and Ragged 

• *.*

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

Just remember a Pocket Query of 500 caches may/will have more than 500 waypoints.

If a cacher adds parking details, trailhead, parts of a multi -these are all in the PQ, so add up to more than 500 waypoints.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic