Like the new GPS from Memory Map

I like the look of the new GPS unit from Memory Map Adventure 2800 shame it's not caching friendly as it can be loaded with a ny maps from a computer based Memory Map package. The future may be better

The only slight hiccup is in the wording that says "compatible with V5" maps... I do hope it will accept V4 maps too? Looking forward to seeing one for real though and reading some reviews.

J

I like the look of the new GPS unit from Memory Map Adventure 2800 shame it's not caching friendly as it can be loaded with a ny maps from a computer based Memory Map package. The future may be better

I want to know if i can upload my current memory map collection (all version 5.0) just like i can to my pda, to the new memory map 2800 :D . Or do i have to re-purchase all the maps again :blink: which would be a non starter to any person with one iota of sanity. This system looks promising or is it too good to be true like the locked out system as in satmap. :unsure:

I want to know if i can upload my current memory map collection (all version 5.0) just like i can to my pda, to the new memory map 2800 :D . Or do i have to re-purchase all the maps again :blink: which would be a non starter to any person with one iota of sanity. This system looks promising or is it too good to be true like the locked out system as in satmap. :unsure:

I agree - MM may have produced the ideal solution

The satmap system is fatally flawed IMHO - I want the ability to plan and use OS mapping within one system of PC/rugged GPS. At the mo I can achieve it with a PDA but it is far from elegant and I end up carrying an Otterbox as well as a GPS!

I want to know if i can upload my current memory map collection (all version 5.0) just like i can to my pda, to the new memory map 2800 :D . Or do i have to re-purchase all the maps again B) which would be a non starter to any person with one iota of sanity. This system looks promising or is it too good to be true like the locked out system as in satmap. :D

I agree - MM may have produced the ideal solution

The satmap system is fatally flawed IMHO - I want the ability to plan and use OS mapping within one system of PC/rugged GPS. At the mo I can achieve it with a PDA but it is far from elegant and I end up carrying an Otterbox as well as a GPS!

I still think Satmap would have made an absolute killing if they'd just produced a rugged, waterproof pda - instead of a glorified, locked down, GPS.