Groundspeak Forums: Release Notes 11/04/09 - Groundspeak Forums

Jump to content

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Release Notes 11/04/09

#1 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

  Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Greetings cachers. Here are the release notes for this month's code release. Please reply in this thread ONLY on topics related to the release. All unmentioned bugs or features should be discussed in a separate post. Thanks!

Highlights

- Some postal codes are duplicated around the world, and the site was having difficulty determining your intent when searching for geocaches. We have added a feature which will prompt you to clarify which postal code you meant to search by when we find duplicates (or triplicates in some cases).

- The bookmark list edit bug has been fixed! Thank you for your patience on this one.

- Geocache attributes have been added to Pocket Queries

Geocaching.com: November 2009


12892: Attempting to access calendar of events leads to an error
HOTFIX: Fixed error when viewing the calendar of events from the home page

10529: There is no order to user created routes on the Caches Along a Route pages
Added sort by route name, distance, and description.

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries

10518: Show dropdown list for GPS Devices
Added dropdown list of devices by manufacturer on GPS Devices detail page

12690: Offline PQ text
Added copy and renamed Offline Pocket Queries to Saved GPX Files

12691: Trackables: add label to dropdown
Labeled the trackable actions dropdown and reordered dropdown list so most frequently used actions are on top

12985: Cannot edit bookmarks, results in server error
Fixed server error preventing bookmark list edits

12930: Jeep TBs: Wrong image showing for Red and Green Jeeps
Fixed Jeep promo trackables to display the correct default images

12422: Website can't accept some email addresses
Fixed issue where the site would reject certain email addresses from non-US domains

12934: Improper validation occurring for email address format on membership pages
The field will now error when an address is entered with two @ symbols

12991: New brochures for the Resources Page
Added new geocaching brochure .PDF in several languages to /resources

13196: Adding or removing a GPS Device for account causes server error
Fixed server error caused by adding or removing a GPS device in My GPS

12819: Email addresses with extended characters (e.g. umlauts) cause error
Fixed

12423: More log order issues - all cache finds in public profile out of order
Order of logs on "All cache finds" now displayed by date and time in descending order

12871: Standardize Mystery cache terminology
Replaced all instances of "Unknown" cache type with "Mystery/Puzzle"

6773: Add PQ name to title of page when viewing results in Google Maps
Added title

12027: Caches Along a Route (CAaR) fails to return disabled caches
Fixed

6451: invalidated accounts should be told that their accounts are invalidated
Added a Validation Warning Message to all master pages so that it will appear on all pages (when a user logs in with an invalidated account).

8974: Change Breadcrumb Trail for benchmarks
Modified benchmark breadcrumbs to use PID

12782: Include day of the week on CITO and mega-event cache pages
Added the day to CITO and Mega-event pages

9278: My Reviews and My Friends' Devices: links not clickable
Fixed

11580: Photos in the user gallery do not sort by date taken order
Now sorting gallery images by date specified by the user

13046: S Korea and Japanese provinces and prefectures
Added these regions to the country search

12557: Discover log behavior
Will no longer append the name of the cache in which a trackable was discovered, instead adding the trackable name (e.g. Nate discovered SomeTB)

13011: Cache attributes explanation page
Added a link from cache pages to a new explanation page for cache attribute icons

13001: update text and link at Inventory on cache_details.aspx
Changed "What is a Travel Bug" to "What is a Trackable"

12937: add INATN to the software page
Added link to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com

12823: correct name for PMOCs
Replaced "Subscriber-Only Caches" terminology with "Premium Member Only Caches"

13217: Change Serbia and Montenegro to just Serbia
Verified "Serbia" and "Montenegro" are unique selections in the country dropdown

This post has been edited by OpinioNate: 05 November 2009 - 10:21 AM


#2 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

We are in the process of updating the Google Maps API key. Please ignore the popup error for the moment. Thanks!

#3 User is offline   beejay&esskay 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1958
  • Joined: 16-November 02

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

Some nice enhancements. Thank you.

10529: There is no order to user created routes on the Caches Along a Route pages
Added sort by route name, distance, and description.

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries

#4 User is offline   StaticTank 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 371
  • Joined: 02-August 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries


I want to be able to see these on my GPS!!

#5 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostStaticTank, on Nov 4 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries


I want to be able to see these on my GPS!!


Get an iPhone. :rolleyes:

#6 User is offline   Okiebryan 

  • >>--FTF Whore-->>
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 768
  • Joined: 19-October 06

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

Nice job guys. I'm glad you fixed the edit bookmark bug.

#7 User is offline   Happy Humphrey 

  • Official Groundspeak Cacher of the Year, 1999.
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 3571
  • Joined: 17-January 04

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

This might be of interest;

1. Find a link to a geocaching user ID (perhaps use this profile; Here.
2. Click on the link to see the usual profile tabs (Profile for User: ...)
3. Click on the "Geocaches" tab
4. Where "List of Geocaches found" is displayed, click on "All Cache Finds"
5. "All Geocaches" heads the page displayed. Under this is the message "Procedure or function spgsp_GetCacheList_UserFound_ByArray has too many arguments specified.".
No cache list is displayed.

This happens in IE8 and Firefox 3.0.15, XP SP3.
If you use the Hide and Seek page, the list of caches is displayed with no problem.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Skippermark 

  • Will work for cache
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 3697
  • Joined: 14-August 02

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStaticTank, on Nov 4 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries


I want to be able to see these on my GPS!!


Get an iPhone. :rolleyes:

Is this supported in the current version or will we have to wait for a future version?

#9 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

View PostSkippermark, on Nov 4 2009, 12:51 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStaticTank, on Nov 4 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries


I want to be able to see these on my GPS!!


Get an iPhone. :rolleyes:

Is this supported in the current version or will we have to wait for a future version?


It is supported in version 3.0 which was submitted to the App Store yesterday. It should be up soon depending on how quickly Apple acts.

#10 User is online   larryc43230 

  • Wandering but seldom lost
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 2003
  • Joined: 25-April 06

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

View PostHappy Humphrey, on Nov 4 2009, 03:49 PM, said:

This might be of interest;

1. Find a link to a geocaching user ID (perhaps use this profile; Here.
2. Click on the link to see the usual profile tabs (Profile for User: ...)
3. Click on the "Geocaches" tab
4. Where "List of Geocaches found" is displayed, click on "All Cache Finds"
5. "All Geocaches" heads the page displayed. Under this is the message "Procedure or function spgsp_GetCacheList_UserFound_ByArray has too many arguments specified.".
No cache list is displayed.

This happens in IE8 and Firefox 3.0.15, XP SP3.
If you use the Hide and Seek page, the list of caches is displayed with no problem.

I'm not getting that error message with either Firefox 3.5.4 or IE 8.0.6001.18702. Everything looks normal from where I'm sitting.

--Larry

Correction: I AM getting this message now, at least with Firefox, on my 2nd and succeeding visits to that page. I didn't get the message on my first visit.

This post has been edited by larryc43230: 04 November 2009 - 01:06 PM


#11 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

View PostHappy Humphrey, on Nov 4 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

This might be of interest;

1. Find a link to a geocaching user ID (perhaps use this profile; Here.
2. Click on the link to see the usual profile tabs (Profile for User: ...)
3. Click on the "Geocaches" tab
4. Where "List of Geocaches found" is displayed, click on "All Cache Finds"
5. "All Geocaches" heads the page displayed. Under this is the message "Procedure or function spgsp_GetCacheList_UserFound_ByArray has too many arguments specified.".
No cache list is displayed.


We had to temporarily roll back case "12423: More log order issues - all cache finds in public profile out of order" as it was not playing nice when a user had only one type of cache found. We will try again when the problem is sorted.

This post has been edited by OpinioNate: 04 November 2009 - 01:05 PM


#12 User is offline   luzian 

  • Geocaching Ninja
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 144
  • Joined: 04-February 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 09:12 PM, said:

12557: Discover log behavior
Will no longer append the name of the cache in which a trackable was discovered, instead adding the trackable name (e.g. Nate discovered SomeTB)


This should be the same for "grabbed" logs, e.g. "Nate grabbed SomeTB" instead of "Nate grabbed SomeTB from someCache", as the latter is not different from "retrieved" and is useless to have. "grabbed" should mean "grabbed from somewhere else", ie. from another cacher, unknown location, from a different cache than the one it was logged into etc.

#13 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

View Postluzian, on Nov 4 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 09:12 PM, said:

12557: Discover log behavior
Will no longer append the name of the cache in which a trackable was discovered, instead adding the trackable name (e.g. Nate discovered SomeTB)


This should be the same for "grabbed" logs, e.g. "Nate grabbed SomeTB" instead of "Nate grabbed SomeTB from someCache", as the latter is not different from "retrieved" and is useless to have. "grabbed" should mean "grabbed from somewhere else", ie. from another cacher, unknown location, from a different cache than the one it was logged into etc.


Thank you, that is a very good observation. I will bug it.

#14 User is offline   stebu 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: 01-October 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx

#15 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

View PostHappy Humphrey, on Nov 4 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

This might be of interest;

1. Find a link to a geocaching user ID (perhaps use this profile; Here.
2. Click on the link to see the usual profile tabs (Profile for User: ...)
3. Click on the "Geocaches" tab
4. Where "List of Geocaches found" is displayed, click on "All Cache Finds"
5. "All Geocaches" heads the page displayed. Under this is the message "Procedure or function spgsp_GetCacheList_UserFound_ByArray has too many arguments specified.".
No cache list is displayed.


We had to temporarily roll back case "12423: More log order issues - all cache finds in public profile out of order" as it was not playing nice when a user had only one type of cache found. We will try again when the problem is sorted.


This is fixed.

#16 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:23 PM

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.

#17 User is offline   London Rain 

  • Is' noch weit?
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 175
  • Joined: 16-March 04

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Something that has not been documented as a change but seems new to me. At /my there is a note saying

Quote

You currently have 7 pending field notes. Visit your field notes page to review these notes.


However it still says this after I've logged one of those and it should be six.

#18 User is offline   Corey 

  • Bikecacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 798
  • Joined: 12-August 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

Wow! Lots of great improvements. Good work guys!

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:12 PM, said:

10529: There is no order to user created routes on the Caches Along a Route pages
Added sort by route name, distance, and description.
I was happy with the previous ordering by creation date but this is good too.

Quote

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries
Thanks for adding these; I will have to pull a query now to see what it looks like!

Quote

12423: More log order issues - all cache finds in public profile out of order
Order of logs on "All cache finds" now displayed by date and time in descending order
Thanks for fixing this.

Quote

12871: Standardize Mystery cache terminology
Replaced all instances of "Unknown" cache type with "Mystery/Puzzle"
I personally prefer to think of it as simply "Unknown"; however, consistency is a very good thing.

Quote

6773: Add PQ name to title of page when viewing results in Google Maps
Added title
I hadn't thought of that but I'm sure it will be welcomed when previewing several queries in tabs.

Quote

11580: Photos in the user gallery do not sort by date taken order
Now sorting gallery images by date specified by the user
I know this has bugged many for a while, thanks.

And all the little corrections and touchups are awesome too :rolleyes:

#19 User is offline   beejay&esskay 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1958
  • Joined: 16-November 02

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

10529: There is no order to user created routes on the Caches Along a Route pages
Added sort by route name, distance, and description.

Shouldn't the selected order be "sticky"? If I select an order and then go to a route, save it and (thus) return to the list, the order reverts to sorting by route name.

#20 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

Something that has not been documented as a change but seems new to me. At /my there is a note saying

Quote

You currently have 7 pending field notes. Visit your field notes page to review these notes.


However it still says this after I've logged one of those and it should be six.


This feature does not update in real time, but will if you log out and back in. We assume that once you know there are pending field notes it is not necessary to know how many.

This post has been edited by OpinioNate: 04 November 2009 - 02:14 PM


#21 User is offline   London Rain 

  • Is' noch weit?
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 175
  • Joined: 16-March 04

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

Something that has not been documented as a change but seems new to me. At /my there is a note saying

Quote

You currently have 7 pending field notes. Visit your field notes page to review these notes.


However it still says this after I've logged one of those and it should be six.


This feature does not update in real time, but will if you log out and back in. We assume that once you know there are pending field notes it is not necessary to know how many.


Ah... Then why just don't leave the number away?

#22 User is offline   avgraphics 

  • Geocaching is all about location Location LOCATION
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 372
  • Joined: 27-October 05

  Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Its a pet peeve - and very minor.. but if there's a way to eliminate the unnecessary line wrapping as described in this other post (see below) then I think it would be nice:

View Postavgraphics, on Nov 3 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

View Postavgraphics, on Oct 20 2007, 12:58 PM, said:

View Postavgraphics, on Jun 12 2007, 01:41 PM, said:


Not sure if this is a bug.. but here it goes: On my Mac - using Safari - I get a 'text wrap' for the 'State' column which makes each listing of my 'My Account Details' page take up two lines. Can this text be alloted a bit more width?, allowing for the visibility of more of the page w/o needing to scroll down?? :lol:

Posted Image

Also - the decryption key vanishes when the hint is decoded. It seemed a bit more useful when it was always visible - even if the hint was decoded (e.g. could be useful in the field to solve a ROT-13 encrypted puzzle on a leg of a multi).

Finally - on the cache description pages, regarding the pop-up gallery image which can be accessed using the link at the end of the log entry.. is it possible to add a button which allow for the advancement to the other images that are part of that log entry? Better yet - I think that the old 'mouse hover' method for calling up the images was by-far the better way to implement that feature. The new way is rather cumbersome & slow compared to the old.
Thanks again for all the great enhancements to the site!! :D



The TEXT WRAPPING was addressed a couple days after I placed the above entry into the forum - but now I can see that it is happening again..
<_<



I don't know what causes it.. but I'd prefer to not see the wrapping. Is this something that I can control?, or is it an indication of things changing on the website? Does anyone know??..

:rolleyes:


#23 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

10529: There is no order to user created routes on the Caches Along a Route pages
Added sort by route name, distance, and description.

Shouldn't the selected order be "sticky"? If I select an order and then go to a route, save it and (thus) return to the list, the order reverts to sorting by route name.


I have opened a case for this enhancement. Maybe we can have it in place for the next release.

#24 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

View Postavgraphics, on Nov 4 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

Its a pet peeve - and very minor.. but if there's a way to eliminate the unnecessary line wrapping as described in this other post (see below) then I think it would be nice:


These pages are being completely remastered, and will be released soon.

Also, please don't post here about issues unrelated to the current deployment. You can start a new thread if you like. Thanks.

#25 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:21 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

Something that has not been documented as a change but seems new to me. At /my there is a note saying

Quote

You currently have 7 pending field notes. Visit your field notes page to review these notes.


However it still says this after I've logged one of those and it should be six.


This feature does not update in real time, but will if you log out and back in. We assume that once you know there are pending field notes it is not necessary to know how many.


Ah... Then why just don't leave the number away?


Good point. I'll discuss it with the developer.

#26 User is offline   JeremyR 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 471
  • Joined: 31-May 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 04:12 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries

Excellent! Thanks a lot for this one, it's something I've been wishing for :rolleyes:.

I trust the developers of GPX handling software will update their applications to take advantage of this new feature. I notice they're included in direct GPX downloads from cache pages, too <_<

#27 User is offline   succotash 

  • It's a great day to cache.
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 30-December 06

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Thank you, especially for fixing the bookmark edit issue.

#28 User is offline   OpinioNate 

  • Groundspeak Lackey
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2044
  • Joined: 03-October 03

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


This is fixed but we need to redeploy the site for it to take effect. That will happen in the morning. I'm very sorry for the delay in the meantime!

#29 User is offline   Great Scott! 

  • 2013 Charter Member of the Year
  • Group: +Charter Members
  • Posts: 726
  • Joined: 30-August 01

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

On my Trackables page:
Total Trackables Owned now shows total at 0. Checked a few other users and their total was also 0.
Total Trackables Moved/Discovered seems to be correct.

#30 User is offline   luzian 

  • Geocaching Ninja
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 144
  • Joined: 04-February 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 10:22 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

View PostHappy Humphrey, on Nov 4 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

This might be of interest;

1. Find a link to a geocaching user ID (perhaps use this profile; Here.
2. Click on the link to see the usual profile tabs (Profile for User: ...)
3. Click on the "Geocaches" tab
4. Where "List of Geocaches found" is displayed, click on "All Cache Finds"
5. "All Geocaches" heads the page displayed. Under this is the message "Procedure or function spgsp_GetCacheList_UserFound_ByArray has too many arguments specified.".
No cache list is displayed.


We had to temporarily roll back case "12423: More log order issues - all cache finds in public profile out of order" as it was not playing nice when a user had only one type of cache found. We will try again when the problem is sorted.


This is fixed.


Does this mean that bug 12423 is fixed and "all cache finds" in public profile should now be ordered correctly, ie. ordered by date then log id?

Because right now I still get my finds still mixed up randomly (?) within one day (ie. ordered by date but not by log id)... so it looks like the fix is still in "rolled back" state, or otherwise not working properly.

#31 User is offline   Wild Rover 

  • Wild Rover
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 22-December 01

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

View PostWild Rover, on Nov 4 2009, 04:42 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.



I am having the same problem here (Wild Rover)

This post has been edited by Wild Rover: 04 November 2009 - 04:45 PM


#32 User is offline   rustynails. 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 190
  • Joined: 20-April 09

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

:rolleyes:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


<_< What is the problem? When do we get a fix? I need to download many caches to my GPS

#33 User is offline   Dgwphotos 

  • Covington, WA
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1834
  • Joined: 03-October 05

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:26 PM

View Postrustynails., on Nov 4 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

<_<

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


:lol: What is the problem? When do we get a fix? I need to download many caches to my GPS

:rolleyes:
Read OpinioNate's last post:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


This is fixed but we need to redeploy the site for it to take effect. That will happen in the morning. I'm very sorry for the delay in the meantime!


#34 User is offline   Chixon 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 27-December 06

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

From your release notes:
"- Some postal codes are duplicated around the world, and the site was having difficulty determining your intent when searching for geocaches. We have added a feature which will prompt you to clarify which postal code you meant to search by when we find duplicates (or triplicates in some cases)."

I can understand a fix to weed out multiple postal codes, but when I log into the geocaching site, the GPS coordinates for my front door automatically populate. To search for local caches, I used to just click "Go", but now the site won't let me search by my coordinates (which the site auto-populates). Instead it gives me nine different options of addresses or cities that range from places on my street to a city over twenty miles away and it will not search by my GPS coordinates. Most of the "suggestions" are areas with different postal codes. Why won't it search by my GPS coordinates that the site already pre-populates?

Also, when I was caching today with my iPhone, I noticed that when I did a search, all of the caches I had previously found and logged were showing up even though I had it on the "Hide Finds" setting.

Thanks,

Eric (Chixon)

#35 User is offline   Ashallond 

  • Numerically Gifted, Grammatically Challenged
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1291
  • Joined: 08-April 09

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 03:02 PM, said:

View PostSkippermark, on Nov 4 2009, 12:51 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStaticTank, on Nov 4 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

View Postbeejay&esskay, on Nov 4 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

1728: GPX files: need attributes
Added geocache attributes to Pocket Queries


I want to be able to see these on my GPS!!


Get an iPhone. <_<

Is this supported in the current version or will we have to wait for a future version?


It is supported in version 3.0 which was submitted to the App Store yesterday. It should be up soon depending on how quickly Apple acts.


Can we get an update in the App Store Release Notes thread about 3.0?

Pwetty Please? :rolleyes:

#36 User is offline   Ambrosia 

  • Center of Washington State
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 7378
  • Joined: 03-June 02

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

11580: Photos in the user gallery do not sort by date taken order
Now sorting gallery images by date specified by the user


Oh, wow. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I've been waiting for this a long time. <_< :rolleyes: :lol:

#37 User is offline   DavidMac 

  • Knoxville! Knoxville!
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1421
  • Joined: 25-December 02

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

I'm not sure if this happened as a result of the last release but I've never noticed it before...

Go to any user's profile and click on the "Trackables" tab. The username in the navigation links at the top of the page is replaced by:

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   Potato Finder 

  • Plutonium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1142
  • Joined: 21-January 05

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 05:07 PM, said:

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:21 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

View PostLondon Rain, on Nov 4 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

Something that has not been documented as a change but seems new to me. At /my there is a note saying

Quote

You currently have 7 pending field notes. Visit your field notes page to review these notes.


However it still says this after I've logged one of those and it should be six.


This feature does not update in real time, but will if you log out and back in. We assume that once you know there are pending field notes it is not necessary to know how many.


Ah... Then why just don't leave the number away?


Good point. I'll discuss it with the developer.

I like the number, its the ONLY place outstanding field notes are counted. I'd rather see a delay in updating the number than for it to go away.

#39 User is offline   Carbon Hunter 

  • Keen poster
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 3847
  • Joined: 08-October 07

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks Opinionate - some nice and uselful enhancements - soem that I did not even know I needed :rolleyes:

keep it up

#40 User is offline   juris1c 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 18-April 08

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

Searching by postal code works from basic search page (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/).
However, in Advanced search page (http://www.geocachin...ek/nearest.aspx) it returns "Postal code cannot be found in the system. Please try another search option." Tried it with LV1010 postal code.

#41 User is offline   power69 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1916
  • Joined: 06-August 08

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Well it seems that this update has brought back the clearing text bug if you type your log then choose any option in the log type, what you typed is cleared! :rolleyes:

#42 User is offline   Keystone 

  • Everything in Moderation
  • Group: Site Wide Moderators
  • Posts: 16336
  • Joined: 16-May 03

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

View Postpower69, on Nov 5 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

Well it seems that this update has brought back the clearing text bug if you type your log then choose any option in the log type, what you typed is cleared! :rolleyes:

I can confirm this. What a surprise when I lost a long and complex reviewer note that explained the issues with a new cache submission. <_<

#43 User is offline   guggie 

  • Geocacher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 110
  • Joined: 28-December 08

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

How come when I go to the welcome page and click the "go" button next to where my lat and long are filled in (pre-populated) i get a long list of nearby locations to choose from? This is a new "feature"? I'm not interested in nearby locations. I want to search in a radius from my home!

This post has been edited by guggie: 05 November 2009 - 05:06 AM


#44 User is offline   beejay&esskay 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 1958
  • Joined: 16-November 02

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:21 AM

"The [A] bookmark list edit bug has been fixed! " - Nate

I have a bookmark list ("LTF list") with 111 entries. If I ask to display 150 or 200 at a time, I do not get the complete list. (It looks like I'm getting 91 entries, but it's too tedious to count to be sure. It is less than 100 and certainly not the whole list.)

#45 User is offline   Rhialto 

  • the Marvellous
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 691
  • Joined: 31-January 06

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:01 AM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 03:12 PM, said:

12871: Standardize Mystery cache terminology
Replaced all instances of "Unknown" cache type with "Mystery/Puzzle"
Where exactly? I know I pointed this out in my message here but the 2 screenshots I posted are still valid, no correction were made :

When we build a PQ, the choices are :
Posted Image

When we set up a notification, the choices are :
Posted Image

Quote

12776: Include metric distance in coordinate change log calculation
Added "distance from old" in meters
Cool! Could have come earlier considering every Country in the world use it except 3. Quoting Wikipedia: The system is nearly universally employed. Three principal exceptions are Burma (Myanmar), Liberia, and the United States. This prove how US still want to dominate the world... :rolleyes: Thanks!

Quote

11580: Photos in the user gallery do not sort by date taken order
Now sorting gallery images by date specified by the user
Finally! I also pointed that out a long time ago. Sure it is bug 11580? Whatever. I don't see where we can specify the display order but I don't matter because now my gallery is sorted correctly! Awesome! Thanks!

Nice to see the attributes included in the GPX now, I can see many external applications that will make use of that new information.

Great work.

#46 User is offline   Stripes 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 15-January 03

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


This is fixed but we need to redeploy the site for it to take effect. That will happen in the morning. I'm very sorry for the delay in the meantime!


When will this take place?

#47 User is offline   Allanon 

  • Through Knowledge, Power...
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 2723
  • Joined: 15-October 04

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

View PostStripes, on Nov 5 2009, 06:14 AM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 04:19 PM, said:

View PostOpinioNate, on Nov 4 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

View Poststebu, on Nov 4 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Send to GPX is broken?
Is "1728: GPX files: need attributes" to blame?

I get:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

from:
http://www.geocaching.com/error/error.aspx.../sendtogps.aspx


Investigating now.


This is fixed but we need to redeploy the site for it to take effect. That will happen in the morning. I'm very sorry for the delay in the meantime!


When will this take place?

It's only 6:20am in Seattle. How about in a couple hours?

#48 User is offline   Team JerTin 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 06-October 09

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:20 AM

I'm trying to send to GPS from the individual cache page but, I too, get the "Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."
instead of the select device popup.


we were planning for a full day hunting, 3 counties away...trying to convince the wife it's not me that's delaying our outing.

#49 User is offline   Team Taran 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 410
  • Joined: 24-April 04

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:28 AM

I would suggest if you are in a hurry, create a bookmark of the caches you want to find and do a pocket query. It will be quicker than sending a significant number of caches directly even if the feature was working correctly.
Team Taran

#50 User is offline   rob3k 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 312
  • Joined: 08-November 08

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:39 AM

View PostDavidMac, on Nov 4 2009, 09:07 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this happened as a result of the last release but I've never noticed it before...

Go to any user's profile and click on the "Trackables" tab. The username in the navigation links at the top of the page is replaced by:

Posted Image


Just noticed that myself. It also doesn't properly link to the user's profile page but rather to:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?

Share this topic:


  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked