Dutch Rider Geocoin

Team Van Stoffelen

Today mister postman had a little package containing the Dutch Rider Geocoin samples.

The front of the coin is an exact copy of the 1754 dutch coin called the Rijder (Rider). It was made in silver or gold (Silver Rider of Gold Rider). The image of the horseman was already used in the century before. The latin motto on the front means: New Silver Coin of the Belgium Federation (a.k.a. Seven Provinces), province of Holland.

The 3d image on the back was used on several dutch coins either and it ofter came with the same motto. The motto on the back means: The little ones grow through unity.

There will be 4 Dutch Rider geocoin versions sold at geocoinshop.de (somewhere in 2010): Antique Gold, Antique Silver, Black Nickel/Silver (LE) and Antique Copper/Antique Silver (LE)

There will also be 5 different XLE editions, and each XLE edition has no more then 10 geocoins. The following XLE versions are made: Orange/Foggy Silver/Silver, White/Foggy Silver/Silver, Blue/Foggy Silver/Silver, Antique Bronze/Antiue Silver and Dark Blue Glitter/Gold/Silver.

The colors on three of the XLE editions are the orange, white and blue of the old Princenflag, the flag of the Seven Provinces and the Princes of Holland.

Most XLE editions are no longer available for reservations. Reservations can only be made for the Antique Bronze/Antique Silver version. When interested, please contact me by pm or email.

dutchridersamples.jpg

From left to right: AG, AS, BN/S (LE), AC/AS (LE), Orange/FS/S (XLE), White/FS/S (XLE), Blue/FS/S (XLE), AB/AS (XLE), Dark Blue Glitter/G/S (XLE).

Friendly greetings,

Van Stoffelen Sr.

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

my favorites are the AB/AS (XLE), AG, White/FS/S (XLE) & AC/AS (LE). :)

When you find out, please post the time and date that these coins will be uploaded for sale at the GeocoinShop, as there are a couple VULTURES FROM THE E-PLACE, who are most certainly going to try to buy them all up before anyone else can get one. ;)

Update: New limited editions are being made:

Dutch Rider Geocoin

Gold/Antique Silver (XLE, 15 made)

Foggy Gold/Antique Silver (XLE, 15 made)

Silver/Antique Gold (XLE, 15 made)

Foggy Silver/Antique Gold (XLE, 15 made, not available)

The XLE versions are only available by contacting me. So, for more information, just send me a PM.

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen