Magellan Triton Fatal App Error

Hi all,

Go figure I'm with family for the holiday who love to go geocaching and my hand held GPS isn't working! !! My boys and I did four finds on the way up from Ohio. On the fifth one, about an hour and a half after I last had it on, I fired up my Magellan Triton 300, it gave me a Failed to Initialize error. I push the OK button and then it gives me this:

Fatal Application Error

Application OutdoorNav.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: OutdoorNav.exe

Exception: OxC0000005

Address: 00216010

I did find a solution online that says this:

Solution for OutdoorNav exe. error

Work only for Triton 200 to 500

First u must have an update from VP.

1. If u have update the firmware, Copy all files (not subfolder) on "APP" folder, at C: - Document and settings - "user name" - Local settings - Temp - MVP_Downloads - "Folder Triton" - HDD - APP.

2. Press and hold "Up" + "Light" + "Power" button to turn on. This for run the developer screen

3. If Developer screen show up. Plug and Connect Triton USB data cable into your unit.

4. That can made your PC detected Data storage on your unit which is show on drive (TFAT(F:/E:/G:)).

5. All the files from the "APP" folder u need to paste it to "APP" on Triton Data Storage (TFAT on your windows), <overwriting>

6. Press and hold "Select" + "Esc" + "Power" to shut down.

7. Turn on again and your Triton will be fine as normally.

However, I don't think it's relevant for my problem because my GPS doesn't even get past the start up screen before I get the error message. I don't think an update for VP will do me any good right now.

Even though my sister has a GPS unit, I am having "Ferdie" withdrawals (and my sis doesn't know what she's doing). LOL

If any of you can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I do have a Verizon HTC Droid phone that a fellow geocacher I know uses to find caches, so I know it's possible. But I can only bring up the compass feature and can't figure out the GPS yet. BTW - does anyone know how to change the distance to yards/miles instead of meters and KM? My sis is leaving before me and I'm addicted and need to find more geocaches!! :D

Thanks for any help...I'll be watching this thread like I watch for new publishings!! :lol:

Yolanda