GeoJellies 4

pghlooking

Alright here we go. GeoJellies 4 will officially start........NOW!

This is the group for fourth running of the GeoJellies, and the third edition of the small beans.

Coins will be $6 a piece. Coins will be minted in your choice of black nickel or shiny nickel finish, with the exception of 2 coins. These 2 coins will be minted in a gold finish. Of the 2 gold coins, 1 will be placed a group auction which will benefit the children of pennstategirl who we lost in a tragic car accident. We will use a modified artwork from the first three coin mintings. We will have a separate icon from the first version of this coin. This icon will change in color and have a number 4 added to it. Minimum order will be 22 coins. No mixing of metals under 20 coins (2 are gold). There will be a flat charge of $8 per order for Domestic orders for shipping. International orders will be per order basis with me. Colors and flavors are first come first served. Since the coins are your PMS code and has a different caching name, I have no issues with using a flavor that was used before. I do not check for duplicate flavors or colors. What you submit is what you get. Cost has been based on 1,000 coins. If we do not reach this point, I will revisit the mint for costs on a smaller run and adjust pricing. This will be done BEFORE anyone pays anything so you can make an informed decision. Feel free to let your friends know about this coin project, and I will send an invite to them.

As with the previous versions, ALL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE DONE THROUGH THE GROUP PAGE OR EMAIL. That means I will not be coming here to answer specific questions about the coins. There is enough clutter on the boards than to add to it with a side project. We have a group that has worked well in the past to handle everything that may arise.

In the past I have asked people to first fill out the cross reference database the moment they join. It helps us, the MODS, to answer specific questions and make changes, as well as match up orders. 98% of people do this without any issues, but sadly there is always a couple stragglers that we can't figure out who they are. To remedy this, I will try to stay current with memberships and check the cross reference database, Anyone not listed there will be deleted. You could rejoin of course, but you will have to fill the database out at that point. Please do your part to make it easier on us.

Most of all let's have some fun. This has been by far the largest and most successful group project we have ever seen here. Let's keep it going. To start this off, you need to email me with your caching name and the email address you use to join Yahoo groups. Please use pghlooking@gmail.com and the subject "GeoJellies 4 Invite Request".

OK OK - I'm a journalist, obviously NOT a math wiz! Guess if you split an order of 44, it's still the 22 coins each! Duh me..... :D Guess what I REALLY wanted to ask was splitting the 22 with a friend! ;)

You may want to shoot PGH an e-mail (he listed it above), as he indicated he might not be checking this board. This turns into a rather large project for him.

I don't think this is going to work though. I thought we always had to order 22 with same info ie caching name and flavor/colors.

Maybe you can figure a way to combine caching names for on the back, as you only have so many letters/spaces?

OK OK - I'm a journalist, obviously NOT a math wiz! Guess if you split an order of 44, it's still the 22 coins each! Duh me..... :D Guess what I REALLY wanted to ask was splitting the 22 with a friend! ;)

You may want to shoot PGH an e-mail (he listed it above), as he indicated he might not be checking this board. This turns into a rather large project for him.

I don't think this is going to work though. I thought we always had to order 22 with same info ie caching name and flavor/colors.

Maybe you can figure a way to combine caching names for on the back, as you only have so many letters/spaces?

I know that three people in the Big Bean project used the exact same bean colors, with the exact same flavor, but had unique team names on the backside. What I don't know, is how many of each they ordered. Definitely need to email PGH directly at the email he posted.

Tempting... but $140 is not negigible, and I'm not sure what to do with 21 coins with my caching name on it. Anyone know the closing date of this?

We drop them unactivated in caches on a special day (maybe a holiday), when we are caching out of our area or as FTF's in new caches we put out.

Does anyone know when this will close out for final orders? I am away from home for an emergency and will not be home until Friday, April 16th. I cannot access my email either. . . so if anyone can find out and let me know, I would appreciate it. Since I can't get to my email and see if Jim sent me an invite to the group, I cannot get to the GeoJellies group to get the info. Thanks in advance.

I just got home and now have access to my email. I just checked and I can't find the invite to join. Could someone notify Jim and ask him to send me an invite? Anxiously awaiting the invite. . . I know the favors, I'm just trying to decide the colors.

Can someone send me the link to the yahoo GeoJellies4 page? Every time, I click on the GeoJellies4 page, it says it cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? GRRRR :D

I've emailed my link to you.

MrsB

Indeed you did, Blorenges! Many thanks to you. I'm in now. . .even though I do get confused at times. :D

Email Sent... man would I LOVE A COIN with my name on the back!!! Do we get to pick our own flavor or is it assigned to us? Hope there was room for one more... out of curiosity how big were the other coins?

Yodabuds

Post Edit here, I figured out you can only get one flavor, one color one name, the one thing I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT is the way to join the GeoJellie4 group on Yahoo... can somone send me a link? Thanks

Yodabuds

Edited by yodabuds

Email Sent... man would I LOVE A COIN with my name on the back!!! Do we get to pick our own flavor or is it assigned to us? Hope there was room for one more... out of curiosity how big were the other coins?

Yodabuds

Post Edit here, I figured out you can only get one flavor, one color one name, the one thing I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT is the way to join the GeoJellie4 group on Yahoo... can somone send me a link? Thanks

Yodabuds

See the details in the very first post on this topic... at the end...

"To start this off, you need to email me with your caching name and the email address you use to join Yahoo groups. Please use pghlooking@gmail.com and the subject "GeoJellies 4 Invite Request".

See you in the Yahoo group soon!

MrsB :anibad:

I cannot get the link referenced to work..

Sent email but yahoo says : No email or group available.

Please help..

Tazcoin@yahoo.com or

Tazcoins@knology.net

Are you having problems sending the initial email to pghlooking? Did you get an invite yet?

Hey, everyone -- I just thought I'd let you know that pghlooking is closing out the bean order this weekend (May 15-16). If you've been thinking about participating but have held off until now, now is the time to get into the group and get your beans in the mix!

To join, send an email to pghlooking@gmail.com make sure that the subject line reads "GeoJellies 4 Invite Request".

Edited by Jackalgirl