Groundspeak Forums: What does PAF mean? - Groundspeak Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What does PAF mean?

#1 User is offline   Madison Cox 

  • Tadpole
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 22-June 10

  Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

:) I can't figure it out.

#2 User is offline   Team Cotati 

  • US Geocacher of the Year 2004,2006,2009
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 5698
  • Joined: 09-September 04

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

View PostMadison Cox, on Jul 15 2010, 05:57 PM, said:

:) I can't figure it out.


Phone a Friend.

A really great way to get help when searching for especially tough hides.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :)

This post has been edited by Team Cotati: 15 July 2010 - 05:00 PM


#3 User is offline   Team Smokey 

  • Took Ammo can, Left Nothing TFTC!
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 86
  • Joined: 18-March 05

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I always thought it was 'Phone A Friend'. What's the context?

#4 User is offline   t4e 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 4204
  • Joined: 15-March 08

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

View PostTeam Smokey, on Jul 15 2010, 08:58 PM, said:

I always thought it was 'Phone A Friend'. What's the context?



to get a clue where the cache is, if they did find it already

This post has been edited by t4e: 15 July 2010 - 05:49 PM


#5 User is offline   Pup Patrol 

  • Ontario, Canada
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 4668
  • Joined: 09-April 05

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Step 1: http://support.Groun...index.php?pg=kb

Step 2: Click on Geocaching

Step 3: Click on 1.8 Terminology and Glossary

Step 4: Click on the link http://geolex.locusprime.net/

#6 User is offline   AZcachemeister 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 8035
  • Joined: 09-December 02

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

View PostTeam Cotati, on Jul 15 2010, 05:58 PM, said:

View PostMadison Cox, on Jul 15 2010, 05:57 PM, said:

:rolleyes: I can't figure it out.


Phone a Friend.

A really great way to get help when searching for especially tough hides.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :rolleyes:



And sometime called:
CLYMAL

Cheat Like Your Mama Ain't Lookin'

#7 User is offline   geodarts 

  • Not Roy or Aura
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 3203
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

View PostAZcachemeister, on Jul 15 2010, 07:13 PM, said:



And sometime called:
CLYMAL

Cheat Like Your Mama Ain't Lookin'


Or not.

#8 User is offline   knowschad 

  • Charter Nobody
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 17434
  • Joined: 20-May 05

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

View PostPup Patrol, on Jul 15 2010, 09:08 PM, said:

Step 1: http://support.Groun...index.php?pg=kb

Step 2: Click on Geocaching

Step 3: Click on 1.8 Terminology and Glossary

Step 4: Click on the link http://geolex.locusprime.net/



Or, if your mama ain't looking, just to straight to Step 4.

#9 User is offline   drfred 

  • Caching - Good for what ails ya!
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 155
  • Joined: 10-April 03

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation - at least that's how I use the term every day...

#10 User is online   NYPaddleCacher 

  • Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 8317
  • Joined: 08-January 07

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

View PostAZcachemeister, on Jul 15 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

View PostTeam Cotati, on Jul 15 2010, 05:58 PM, said:

View PostMadison Cox, on Jul 15 2010, 05:57 PM, said:

:rolleyes: I can't figure it out.


Phone a Friend.

A really great way to get help when searching for especially tough hides.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :rolleyes:



And sometime called:
CLYMAL

Cheat Like Your Mama Ain't Lookin'


That sort of depends on what your friend tells you. I've only used a PAF a couple of times. In once case it was on a puzzle cache where it was pretty obvious that I had transposed some numbers and called someone that had solved and found it to get the correct coordinates.

In another case, I was searching an area about 30 miles from home, about .5 a mile from the nearest road and the hint made it pretty clear what kind of object I should be looking for. However, it looked like a bulldozer had recently gone through the area so I called someone to confirm that they found it in a tree described in the hint that I just wasn't seeing. As it turned out, I found the cache after discovering that the tree had been knocked down and the cache was partially under it. The best part of that PAF was the person I called was on vacation at the time on the beach and was being buried in sand by her kids.

#11 User is offline   Minimike2 

  • Seeker
  • Group: +Premium Members
  • Posts: 470
  • Joined: 26-February 09

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Sometimes, it is just a 'cacher' that wants numbers and continously uses PAF after 30 fruitless seconds on a cache.

They are easy to spot in the logs. They have a long sring of caches found quickly that took everyone else a long time to find.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic