Goal: Create a banner that can be shared with other users to post at www.geocaching.com in their EarthCache submissions.
How to enter: This thread was created for the contest. Post your banner here to enter.
Deadline: 7 November 2010
Judging: The decision on the winner will be made by the EarthCache Reviewer team. The decision they make will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Incentive: GSA will mail a complete collection of GSA EarthCache coins to the creator of the winning banner!
Result: The winning banner will be posted at www.EarthCache.org for any EarthCacher to download and use. The final artwork will become the property of the Geological Society of America who will have the right to post, print, use, modify, etc. without the permission or consent of the original artist.
1. A heading that says something like “EarthCache”, “Official EarthCache”, “Proud to be an Official EarthCacher”, etc.;
2. The official EarthCache logo (the cutaway globe);
3. The Geological Society of America (GSA) logo;
4. The text “The EarthCache program is coordinated by the Geological Society of America, in conjunction with Groundspeak.”;
5. The link to the official EarthCache website: www.EarthCache.org;
6. A reasonable size—not too wide, not too tall, not too obtrusive;
7. An eye-catching, but uncluttered design.
Please note that designed need to follow the “no commercial content” in order to remain within the guidelines for what can appear on a cache page.
1. The name of the artist, i.e. “Designed by…”
Good luck! We look forward to seeing the entries!
This post has been edited by geoaware: 11 October 2010 - 12:08 PM