Garmin "send to GPS"

When I hit the Send to GPS button the box comes up "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here."

So I instaled the latest plug in & the latest drivers, clicked on the test page and the dialoge box says

"Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.9.2.0.

Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly:"

Yet I can not send caches to my GPSr, any ideas?

When I hit the Send to GPS button the box comes up "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here."

So I instaled the latest plug in & the latest drivers, clicked on the test page and the dialoge box says

Same here, reinstalled and everything. Glad to know it's not just me!

Garmin has recently updated their software to work with our new schema. You will want to switch your setting in your profile from 1.0 to 1.0.1. We will be fixing this on our side soon.

To change these settings, please follow these steps:

1) Log into Geocaching.com

2) Select “Your Profile”

3) Select “View Account Details” on the right side of the page

4) Select “Change” under “Your Preferences”

5) Change “GPX Version” from 1.0 to 1.0.1

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!

Garmin has recently updated their software to work with our new schema. You will want to switch your setting in your profile from 1.0 to 1.0.1. We will be fixing this on our side soon.

2) Select “Your Profile”

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!

This did not work. Is it the website?

I did the same, on several computers and different browsers. This is a very recent problem because I got my very first cache to my GPSr just the other day. I thought "What a great feature!" Then it stopped working.

Grrrrr....me too! I even downloaded EasyGPS from somewhere - get lost on the internet some days...THAT program would let me download & put stuff on my garmin - but it would only give me the names & the coordinates - no descriptions or logs or hints. Starting over...deleted everything from it & trying to figure it out again. Some days technology is so frustrating!

This is more for those that are PM's.

Ok, I created a new, never run before, PQ of an area I have never been to. I submitted it and it was created in about 2 minutes. I was then able to open it with Mapsource and GSAK and then place those caches onto my 60CSX, Legend HCX, and my Delorme PN.

My recommendation for those that are PM's is to do this process for the area that you are going to visit tomorrow. I usually only use the "Download to GPS" tab when a new cache has appeared near me, otherwise I run a PQ of the area I want to visit that day and update GSAK and then load the caches onto my GPSr.

For those that are not PM's, you could down load an area as .loc files and load them via GSAK, mapsource, or some other process.

Good luck.

Same problem here with Garmin Dakota 20

I had same problem found temporary fix which works but is cumbersome. Save each location as a loc file, give each one a different name, use mapsource to load in each location as a waypoint (File, open, .....) then sent to garmin gps using send to device button. gets me out of the mire untill the site fixes problem

Same here with 2 different Garmin GPS's, started yesterday morning GMT for me. Will not send to GPS and tells me to install latest plugin even though it is and the Garmin site works OK. Come on guys there have got to be a lot of unhappy people out there and a cumbersome work around fix which ao318 cleverly came up with is not the answer. :santa:

2) Select “Your Profile”

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!

Nope ! Nice try, thanks but it doesnt work at least not wit my colorado 300. Anyone comes up with an other solution ??? Still everything is recognized and of course, I can transmit files and data from GARMIN to PC but once I activate the "send to GPS" button,.............same effect

Same thing here with Dakota 20.

Switching from 1.0 to1.0.1 takes no effect un the problem with sending to GPS. Communicator Plugin is current.

Summing up all the recent inputs, the only reason on this ocurrance, will be on the side of Groundspeak. I already did send a mail to Groundspeak and I hope that at this time, the are already working hard on the solution of this "general fault.

I've figured out how to make a PQ and move it to GSAK, but now how to i get the ones i want from GSAK to my GPS?

If you want just the contents of the PQ moved onto your GPS via GSAK then the easiest way I have found to do it is:

When you import the PQ GPX file into GSAK, in the dialog box, check the box that says "Set user flag" and also check the box that says "Clear all user flags first"

(You can import the GPX file again to get it to set the flags if you have already imported it)

Then use the GSAK saved built in filter for "User Flag (GSAK default)"

Now you should have just the contents of your PQ showing in GSAK.

Now export to your GPS and it will send over just the filtered, flagged caches, which will be the contents of your original PQ.

Hope that helps and that I have understood what you are trying to do.

Edited by Lovejoy and Tinker

I've figured out how to make a PQ and move it to GSAK, but now how to i get the ones i want from GSAK to my GPS?

If you want just the contents of the PQ moved onto your GPS via GSAK then the easiest way I have found to do it is:

When you import the PQ GPX file into GSAK, in the dialog box, check the box that says "Set user flag" and also check the box that says "Clear all user flags first"

(You can import the GPX file again to get it to set the flags if you have already imported it)

Then use the GSAK saved built in filter for "User Flag (GSAK default)"

Now you should have just the contents of your PQ showing in GSAK.

Now export to your GPS and it will send over just the filtered, flagged caches, which will be the contents of your original PQ.

Hope that helps and that I have understood what you are trying to do.

Thanks a lot for your help with this other option, with GSAK. Have a good time, hohell

:santa: I am facing exactly the same difficulty since this morning!

Cheers

2) Select “Your Profile”

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!

Nope

Keep smiling :santa:

2) Select “Your Profile”

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!

Nope

Keep smiling :santa:

Hello together,

I have the same problem since today. On Sunday I sent the last Cache to my eTrex HCx and it worked fine as always. PlugIn 2.9.2.0 works on three browsers (Seamonkey, IE8, Firefox) and also the Garmin Test Page says: eTrex Visty HCx (Unit ID...) found!

Hope, that it will work in a short time? Changing the GPX-Version to 1.0.1 had no efect.

Best regards

Fröschkönigin

Is there an official announcement confirming that they know there is a serious issue and that something is being done about it? I've been locked out so-to-say since yesterday afternoon.

That would be nice to know too. This sucks we have a few new caches around we want to go find. It would be nice for them to let us know they are aware of this.

I did the same, on several computers and different browsers. This is a very recent problem because I got my very first cache to my GPSr just the other day. I thought "What a great feature!" Then it stopped working.

Me too. It just started this morning.

Now I am getting a new message that I have to agree to the Groundspeak agreement, and to read it then click on I accept, then hit submit. Did all that and get a red message saying I must do this in order to download. I did do this several times with the same message.

HELP!

This happens (You must accept the License Agreement before continuing.) whether I have checked the I accept box or not.

Not a getting started issue. Moving to a more appropriate forum

this is surely a problem with Groundspeak. I cannot even get on the profile to change the settings without an error. They have changed something that needs a patch or be put back the way it was. The Delorme cannot even find a plugin. Is someone at Groundspeak working on the problem or just moving threads in the forum? a little "relax, we are working furiously on it" would relieve some frustration out here.

Edited by shrineclown

Nope, not me either

2) Select “Your Profile”

6) Click “Save Changes”

I hope this fixes it!