Dakota 20, Does It Have Spanner Mode?

G & C

I know with my Oregon 550t, I have the option of using their default, or a demo mode, or spanner mode. But I can't seem to find that same settings list with my Dakota 20. Does it have something like that, so that when I plug it into the lighter plug in my car, I can use it as a GPS?

I know with my Oregon 550t, I have the option of using their default, or a demo mode, or spanner mode. But I can't seem to find that same settings list with my Dakota 20. Does it have something like that, so that when I plug it into the lighter plug in my car, I can use it as a GPS?

no it doesnt have a spanner mode. unless you are using the garmin power adapter when you plug it in it will go into mass storage mode...if it is just plugged into the lighter plug (with another power adapter - like the one for my Blackberry) just wait a minute or two. It will realize that there is no computer on the other end and come out of mass storage mode and allow you to use it as a GPSr plugged is. The only downfall is every time you plug it in it will go into mass storage then you have to wait for it to come back out. It isnt a huge deal but it was annoying enough for me to buy the garmin cord.