Not getting notifications of finds - is it just me?

For about the last week I haven't been getting email notiofications of 'Finds' on my own caches and yet when I look via my profile there are finds against some of my caches.

I seem to be getting notifications of New caches and where I am watching caches but not my own.

Any ideas?

I had Email notifications on finds on two of mine yesterday so it's not a site wide thing.

Can't help with any suggestions as to what's wrong though.

here

Posts #3 and #5 may give the answer...

I've had a look at this link and agree that it may help some people.

However, I have the same problem as the OP.

I'm getting absolutely no notifications for any logs on my own caches

I'm getting absolutely no notifications for any trackables that I move or log

I am getting all notifications for new caches in my area (as far as I know).

I am getting all notifications for all caches on my Watch List (as far as I know).

Since all GC notifications come from the same IP address, and much of my GC mail is getting through, it doesn't seem that my ISP (Virgin) is carrying out any sort of spam filtering which might give rise to the problem.

I can also confirm that the missing Notifications are not ending up in any spam folder on my PC.

Any bright ideas?

My problem is fixed: It was indeed caused by spam filtering. I am using a dedicated email address for geocaching, and I forward all messages to my primary mail. When I noticed the problems, I checked spam folder of my primary mail - but not on the geocaching mail server, and that's where the messages were disappearing. Net, good news, not a Groundspeak problem :) .

Thanks for help!

Edited by kulhal

I'm not getting notifications of any finds on my own caches, or those on my watchlist...

I also have problems getting notifications of upcoming events (no pattern to this - just randomly) and when I check the notifications checklist, events seem to get unchecked in the same random way... .So many times I've had a "see you at xx's event nect week" and a blank look from me usually gets them to tell me about the event!!!

Driving me nuts - been going on for about a year now!!

Folks - who are you both using for your email? I am using gmail and am receiving lots of email from GS. :)

I refer you to my previous post, which refers to post #5 in another thread...

NicoleLackey

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

Google currently has emails from Groundspeak marked as spam, so yes, please check your spam folder if you use a gmail email address. If that doesn't work, contact Google and ask them to allow emails from our IP address:

This is the originating IP for all mail from Geocaching.com. Once they allow emails into your regular email, this should work just fine.

This is mainly affecting notifications, including cache owner notifications.

If you are still having issues, please email contact@geocaching.com and the community relations team is happy to help.

I'm Gmail, and seem to be receiving from GS what I should be, as far as I can tell... :blink:

HazelS -Virgin is Gmail now - it swapped over a few months ago. I logged onto Virgin webmail and checked the spam and all my notifications were in there.

You can only access the Spam filter by logging onto webmail directly, not through Outlook or any other means.

Karon

HazelS -Virgin is Gmail now - it swapped over a few months ago. I logged onto Virgin webmail and checked the spam and all my notifications were in there.

You can only access the Spam filter by logging onto webmail directly, not through Outlook or any other means.

Karon

Oooh - just done the same, and bingo!!!!

Thanks!!!