His&Her Geocoin(s)

Hoblik

We were looking for an expression of a strong relationship between two people. Idea was to find something simple, trying to avoid heart variations, maybe less romantic, but expressing strong bond we feel.

So the concept of this dual geocoin is based around two interlocked, but loose and free moving symbols. Each of the symbols will have its own tracking number, but they can not be separated and will always stay connected and travel together.

Hope you like it, feedback is welcome before we go for final production.

his_and_her_DSC_1927_copy.jpg

I know some coin manufacturers can personalize coins (for an additional fee.) Any thoughts of personlization?

ILYK

Yes, the idea is that names can be laser engraved on the footprints side of the symbols, opposite to tracking codes. Will test this on samples in the next few days.

I would definitely buy one for my personal collection and probaly one to release.

As for how they will be made - The only way would to have them cast in a 2 piece mold that would come apart afterwards allowing them to be made interlinked.

No molds here, these are stamped brass coins. I prefer this technology, it feels more classic than die casting. And coins make very nice sound.

We were looking for an expression of a strong relationship between two people. Idea was to find something simple, trying to avoid heart variations, maybe less romantic, but expressing strong bond we feel.

So the concept of this dual geocoin is based around two interlocked, but loose and free moving symbols. Each of the symbols will have its own tracking number, but they can not be separated and will always stay connected and travel together.

Hope you like it, feedback is welcome before we go for final production.

his_and_her_DSC_1927_copy.jpg

i am a little confused on the idea of having two tracking numbers on coins that must travel as one. that means everyone would have to log two numbers if they went traveling?

unique concept and design though, i really like it! i just don't see the necessity of having two different tracking numbers.

i am a little confused on the idea of having two tracking numbers on coins that must travel as one. that means everyone would have to log two numbers if they went traveling?

unique concept and design though, i really like it! i just don't see the necessity of having two different tracking numbers.

I know of another coin that has the same thing: the Good Jeremy and the Bad Jeremy coin XLE. It has 2 different sides, each with a different tracking number.

I know of another coin that has the same thing: the Good Jeremy and the Bad Jeremy coin XLE. It has 2 different sides, each with a different tracking number.

The first to have a unique tracking number on each side was the Moose Mob-Roadrunner coins. :ph34r:

CF30

The first to have a unique tracking number on each side was the Moose Mob-Roadrunner coins. :ph34r:

CF30

Thank you! I was racking my brain trying to remember the name of it! :lol:

I like the design and would love to get one of each version. As there are two trackingnumbers on the coin(s) I hope they will both have their own unique icon.

Thanks for your comment. I believe that two tracking numbers are necessary for the nature of the concept. But I have not really thought about two icons until now. It is defintely good idea, some extra costs and some extra thinking ;-) That is why I like forums like this - it makes you to go back and re-think. Will spend some time thinking about two names and icons needed, but need to hurry, as coins are in production...