Groundspeak Forums: How do I get the pocket query onto my GPS? - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I get the pocket query onto my GPS?

#1 User is offline   Blowinginthewind 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

I have an oregon 450T I have an email of a pocket query. I dont know how to get the geocaches, into the geocache window "find another" on my Oregon 450T. When I tried to download all of them one by one, I get a message that says they are already on the unit, but apparantly I have put them somewhere that they shouldnt be. Im not that computer literate, and I would love to go out and find another cache. We have found one so far.

#2 User is offline   NYSearchers 

• Premium Member

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

View PostBlowinginthewind, on 02 April 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

I have an oregon 450T I have an email of a pocket query. I dont know how to get the geocaches, into the geocache window "find another" on my Oregon 450T. When I tried to download all of them one by one, I get a message that says they are already on the unit, but apparantly I have put them somewhere that they shouldnt be. Im not that computer literate, and I would love to go out and find another cache. We have found one so far.

Not sure if I can help much, but it is very easy to load the whole PQ at once. You need your gps to be plugged into your computer, and then just move your PQ into the file marked garmin.

#3 User is offline   msrubble 

• Premium Member

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

Connect the Garmin to your computer with the USB cord. Unzip the pocket query into the GPX directory on your Garmin.

When you use "Send to GPS" one at a time, it is not zipped, and will automatically go to the right folder on your Oregon.

#4 User is offline   Blowinginthewind 

• Premium Member

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

View PostNYSearchers, on 02 April 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostBlowinginthewind, on 02 April 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Not sure if I can help much, but it is very easy to load the whole PQ at once. You need your gps to be plugged into your computer, and then just move your PQ into the file marked garmin.

#5 User is offline   Blowinginthewind 

• Premium Member

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thankyou I have them in there now.

#6 User is offline   PumaTrack 

• Premium Member

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Thank you as well. Although I have a Dakota, this worked for me as well. Had to unplug the gps unit and plug it back in to get Win 7 to recognize it.

#7 User is offline   dena_sam_morg 

• Premium Member

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

ok do i have to download anything like waypoint or anything or will my garmin nuvi 1300 know what to do with it all sorry i am new at this to.

#8 User is offline   jptaylorfamily 

• Premium Member

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I downloaded the query, unzipped the file, put them in the "garmin" file...and I can't see anything on my GPS.

#9 User is offline   redwoodkestrel 

• Premium Member

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

View Postjptaylorfamily, on 22 May 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I downloaded the query, unzipped the file, put them in the "garmin" file...and I can't see anything on my GPS.

In the "Garmin" folder is a "GPX" folder. Put the files in that folder, and it should work!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic