Groundspeak Forums: Cannot delete pocket query from Oregon 300 - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot delete pocket query from Oregon 300

#1 User is offline   princessmolly :o) 

• Do what you like, like what you do
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

I have tried to delete a pocket query from my Oregon 300. I plugged it into the computer and deleted the wtps files for it and they are deleted but when I go to turn my Oregon on, it still shows all the caches from the query still listed and on the map. Why isn't the query deleting for me?

#2 User is offline   dfx 

• CDJ Abuser

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

Because the caches aren't listed in the -wpts file, they're in the main GPX file. So you need to delete that. That's my guess, anyway.

#3 User is offline   princessmolly :o) 

• Do what you like, like what you do

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

View Postdfx, on 15 April 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

Because the caches aren't listed in the -wpts file, they're in the main GPX file. So you need to delete that. That's my guess, anyway.

Thanks so much for your help. I thought I had deleted the files that needed to be deleted but then in the mix of all my other geocaches there was another file still there from the pocket query. I saw it and said "duuuh". :anicute: Thanks again.

#4 User is offline   DazeDnFamily 

• Premium Member

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

Any caches listed as "Found" in the Oregons are stored in a folder called "Current", which resides in the GPX folder. I had to learn this by banging my head into the wall. Hopefully you won't. lol

Later!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic