Geocheck.org problem

Navi-Gatr

Looks like somebody didn't renew their domain name rights.

I don't think the domain registration has a problem:

Domain ID:D148758236-LROR
Domain Name:GEOCHECK.ORG
Created On:31-Jul-2007 15:17:28 UTC
Last Updated On:04-Jul-2011 12:18:43 UTC
Expiration Date:31-Jul-2013 15:17:28 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)

ALERT: THIS IS A NEARLY TWO YEAR OLD THREAD I BUMPED INTO WHILE LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO A NEW PROBLEM

I wanted to look at results in a new Geochecker I had just added to a recent puzzle. All evidence a geochecker was ever there is gone? (edit: I have since look for the HTML code, and it is still there - but anyone wanting to activate the checker won't see anything). Looked at two of another owners puzzles. One is vanished and one now has only a weird looking non functioning link. The broken link is to a Danish site right after Groundspeak addressed a Danish language issue in the recent site update. Just a silly coincidence, right?

There have been other (non related?) issues reported since this site update, and Groundspeak was DOWN last night (to address them?) Is this an actual problem, or is it only an isolated issue for me? If it is a problem, is it at only one site, or both? (Groundspeak/Geochecker)

If it was widespread, I would have expected to see something new already in the forum. I don't.

Edited by Cardinal Red

The site was working yesterday so I assume something happened overnight. Most of my mysteries rely on Geocheck.org, some of them using functionality not available on other checkers. If this is a permanent problem, I'll have to convert them to traditionals or archive them. I hope this is a minor bug that Groundspeak will address soon.

The site was working yesterday so I assume something happened overnight. Most of my mysteries rely on Geocheck.org, some of them using functionality not available on other checkers. If this is a permanent problem, I'll have to convert them to traditionals or archive them. I hope this is a minor bug that Groundspeak will address soon.

So many things wrong with this post...

Most of my mysteries rely on Geocheck.org, some of them using functionality not available on other checkers.
People can't solve the mystery caches without using Geocheck.org? Take a read of the Mystery Guidelines
The information needed to solve this type cache must be available to the general community and the puzzle should be solvable from the information provided on the cache page.

I'll have to convert them to traditionals...
Cache types cannot be changed - you would need to archive.

I hope this is a minor bug that Groundspeak will address soon.
As previously stated, Geocheck.org is not owned/operated by Groundspeak. Heck, I've never been to that site, and probably never would visit it...

People can solve mysteries without Geocheck, just as they can without Geochecker, Evince and others. The checkers only allow them to verify their answers before going out in the field.

The additional functionality of Geocheck can provide targeted hints progressively depending on the nature of their errors.

OK so I wouldn't convert them - I'd just archive them.

Edited by Navi-Gatr

Most of my mysteries rely on Geocheck.org, some of them using functionality not available on other checkers.
People can't solve the mystery caches without using Geocheck.org? Take a read of the Mystery Guidelines
The information needed to solve this type cache must be available to the general community and the puzzle should be solvable from the information provided on the cache page.

Actually, I would say for a cache that requires Geocheck to solve, the Geocheck link on the cache page is the information needed to solve the cache.

Edited by DcCow

Actually, I would say for a cache that requires Geocheck to solve, the Geocheck link on the cache page is the information needed to solve the cache.

I agree . Of course I have no choice because we have a cache that requires you to click on the geocheck link on the cache page to get the answer.

Is it not about time that Grundspeak incorporated a 'checker' of there own into the geocaching website?.

The current system works quite well. Groundspeak is already way behind in developing things that we have asked for.

I respect your view but disagree.

Edited by HEADLANDERS