I need a replacement GPSr

Pharisee

...having lost my trusty 60CSx last Sunday.... Bummer !!

First off... does anyone have a good 60CSx or Cx for sale?

Assuming not... There are still some new 60s about in various on-line shops at around the £200-£230 but I've used both of the unlock codes that came with my Garminn UK Topo maps so I'll have to buy more mapping which will put the total price up to something approaching the same as GPSMap62ST. No disrespect to TalkyToaster's effort but I tried it and didn't like it.

Does anyone have any experience with the 62ST, particularly... what's the supplied map like? Any comments welcome!

Lastly... I'm not at all interested in anything named after an American State, so please don't suggest that I get one of those!

No idea if it's any good, but surely you have to check out the Etrex 20? OS mapping and "paperless caching" sounds useful (as well as GLONASS) and £144 not a bad price. You'd still have budget left to get some decent maps. The screen sounds a bit small but I believe it's 16-bit so should be quite detailed.

But I've only read a couple of articles about it so I wouldn't be sure.

This may help - a comparison between the 60CSx and 62s.

http://blog.hendricksen.eu/2010/08/22/comparison-between-garmin-gpsmap-60csx-and-62s/

For what it's worth I bought the 62s for much the same reason as the author of the piece

"Furthermore I choose the 62s above the 62st because the 62st (European model) has a ‘built-in’ topographic map of Western Europe scale 1:100.000, where I strongly prefer the 1:50.000 scaled maps. Besides I like to have the in-device memory of 1,7 GB at my own disposal (which is only 400MB for the 62st with Western Europe map)."

No regrets about the 62s although the GPX file handling is a pain. For heavens sake I could delete waypoints on my GPS12 10 years ago without plugging it into a PC. Progress eh?

Edit - link added!

Edited by The Patrician