Christmas wishlist

RuffRidr

Dear Santa,

I've been a good little cacher this year. I know you are busy this time of the year, but I hope you will take a look at my wishlist:

-Stats - I really, really, really want to see some stats where users can opt in. Those that don't would show up on the boards as anonymous. I'd like to see stats broken down on a state by state basis also.

-pre-run pocket queries by state - Right now it is very hard to get all the information together to have a gpx file containing all the caches for a single state. Since so many people want this, maybe Geocaching.com could run these queries once a week and make it available to premium members.

-friends list - I've met several geocachers out over the last few months. I like to track what cachers they are finding and placing. I used to use another well known stat site to do this. But now with it gone, it is very difficult to do. Some sort of buddy list would go a long way to solving this.

-multiple credit on placing caches - If I place a cache with someone else, I'd like for us to both get credit for it, instead of just a single person like it is now. There seems to be no fair way to decide who gets it.

-pocket queries by rectangular area - I'd like to be able to enter two bounding coordinates and get all the caches that appear in that rectangular area. GPSBabel can do this for me, but it would remove one step for me to have it done by the query. I think this would be a trivial thing to add.

-Seperate section for waypoints/virtuals - Just like benchmarking has a seperate area, I think these are screaming for their own section. I think you'd make a lot of little cachers out there happy by making this change.

I hope you get this Santa. Even if you can't implement these features, it would be nice to hear why, or if they are currently being implemented what the progress is. Also, hopefully other little cachers out their will add their wishes to this list also.

Thanks,

--RuffRidr

Those are great suggestions... I'd like to request a "misc" forum discussion area, also... where the chat doesn't have to be all about geocaching. Doesn't have to be a saved forum forever and ever; topics can "dissaper" after 60 days or so.

And just in case Santa IS listening (I haven't been ALL bad), I want a camelback Mule (military version)!

I would like to have pocket query's that could sort by 2 members...

I go caching with my dad. I would like to be able to sort them for ones we BOTH have not found(we don't alway cache together as he live 1 hour away from me)...What ya think? Possible?

Thanks Santa,

Kayakanimal

I would like to have pocket query's that could sort by 2 members...

I too would love to have this feature. Currently I run a pocket querie for myself, then login into my girlfriend's account and setup her querie to be emailed to me. Then I use Geobuddy to combine the 2 files. And finally import that file into Mapsource. But that won't work when I go caching with a friend. We need the ability to run the queries on others from our own account. Would this be hard to implement ?

Barramus

Pacific, Mo