SUBMITTED (31517) - [FEATURE] Make the "Enable cache listing" check box more prominent

hzoi

A short time ago, a change was made to the cache submission form. The check box for "Enable cache listing" was moved to the middle of the page, and it was unchecked by default.

I think leaving the check box unchecked by default is fine -- it helps prevent accidental cache submissions. However, the box should be more visually prominent. Put it in a separate text box, make it bold, put the text in a different color, something. A quick look at the forums will show you that it blends in too well. Some people aren't seeing it, so they don't check it, and then they are getting frustrated thinking it's taking forever for the reviewers to act.

edit: spelling

Edited by hzoi

A short time ago, a change was made to the cache submission form. The check box for "Enable cache listing" was moved to the middle of the page, and it was unchecked by default.

I think leaving the check box unchecked by default is fine -- it helps prevent accidental cache submissions. However, the box should be more visually prominent. Put it in a separate text box, make it bold, put the text in a different color, something. A quick look at the forums will show you that it blends in too well. Some people aren't seeing it, so they don't check it, and then they are getting frustrated thinking it's taking forever for the reviewers to act.

+1

I'm thinking this might be a good time to do some rearranging of the items on the cache submission form to make the critical elements more prominent and more difficult to accidentally miss.

--Larry

I think it should be made as obscure as possible, and it should move to a different location on the page every time you open it to submit a cache. :P

Can't find the checkbox?

Probably shouldn't be submitting a cache.

Mostly kidding, but partly serious. :D

Agreed.

I use other sites where submission forms are randomised every time you use them. If nothing else it forces people to read what they are actually doing and not just skimming through ticking the same boxes time and again....