Secret Geo Santa

70dfe1e5-1a1d-4995-81b3-0372a89bb3fa.jpg

Secret Geo Santa here,

Are you stuck for a way of giving that special Geo Friend a gift AND the thrill of the hunt at the same time?

My Elves and I would like to offer you the opportunity to do just that.

What will happen is that after YOU find a gift for your Geo Friend, and YOU then go and hide it somewhere, (trying and keep within their caching region) and YOU take the coordinates of the HIDE, YOU then visit this post so you can fill out a form to send us some information.

Once we receive your form details, I will then send your Geo Friend a personal message via Geocaching.com which will contain the following message: (along with whatever message/hint you would like to include)

Dear ____________

"Short Message from Secret Geo Santa"

"the coordinates of the gift location"

"Your Message/Hint Here"

If this is something that you would like to do, then please use this FORM.

Just remember that you will remain anonymous the whole time.

Please note that you will need to be able to keep track of weather your Geo Friend has found their gift or not.

Regards

Secret Geo Santa and Elves :D

PS, you never know, your gift may be received by the original Secret Santa.

This makes me nervous....

I'm going to tell a complete stranger the hidden location of a gift for a friend of mine and then hope that my friend has the chance to locate said gift prior to the elves?

Not that it will happen that way, but it makes me nervous... Far too many what ifs in my opinion

That might be a little tricky to do unless the Secret Santa is from your neck of the woods. Of course... you can't really know that, can you?

Good morning all,

Ok, I see you may have a few reservations, that's ok.

A little about me.

I am based in VICTORIA in AUSTRALIA and have been caching for quite some time now.

I have well over 1000 FINDS and just over 100 HIDES. I have held many events as well.

I recently bought [reference to commercial product removed by moderator] because I had a brilliant idea for how I could make some people smile this Christmas, so I have just spent a few weeks hiding gifts for our local cachers here in Victoria without anyone knowing what was happening.

I then sent them all an email with their OWN unique set of coordinates that took them to a place where they had to search for their gift.

I have been reading dome of their stories and their thankyou letters and they are amazing, making me smile.

So I thought I would offer this service to other cachers.

I am not doing this so I can get your coordinates and rush off to get the gift...

If you still have reservations on what I am offering, that is ok, you are only human.

My best regards

Secret Geo Santa

Edited by Keystone

<_< I am a LOOONG way away from the North Pole but it can be just as cold though at times.

Yes, Since posting in both the GC and the GCA forums I have had just over 10 teams fill out the FORM asking me to send out my message...the best part is reading the thankyou they send back along with telling me what happened on the hunt.

Regards

Secret Geo Santa

This makes me nervous....

I'm going to tell a complete stranger the hidden location of a gift for a friend of mine and then hope that my friend has the chance to locate said gift prior to the elves?

Not that it will happen that way, but it makes me nervous... Far too many what ifs in my opinion

Concur since my gifts tend to be on the spendy side.

I feel bad, coming off like a Grinch, but I am a bit on the overly cautious side when it comes to this sort of deal. I love the idea and the sentiment, but paranoia is a strong thing. I do hope, assuming the OP is an honest and well intentioned person, that I haven't offended them, or anyone else. Just a matter of opinion based on concern, fear, paranoia and previous life experience, that makes me wary of it.

I feel bad, coming off like a Grinch, but I am a bit on the overly cautious side when it comes to this sort of deal. I love the idea and the sentiment, but paranoia is a strong thing. I do hope, assuming the OP is an honest and well intentioned person, that I haven't offended them, or anyone else. Just a matter of opinion based on concern, fear, paranoia and previous life experience, that makes me wary of it.

No offense taken, trust me.

I know this is not for everyone, but the offer is there for those that would like to take me up on it. :)

Those that have received an email from me have replied with great thanks...which is all I want.

Some of the gifts I gave out when I started this were just geocoins. You could hide just about any thing. :anitongue:

Edited by Keystone
removed commercial content

AS we all have different views about geocaching that is great. For us (with a child) the best part is seeing our little girl happy and smiling when she discovers the TREASURE that is inside most caches. She calls it treasure hunting.

But I did not start this thread to start any discussions or arguments.

This was just to let everyone know what we are offering.

If you have reservations about it then that is fine, just ignore the thread and let those that are having fun by hiding something for others to find and remaining ANONYMOUS whilst doing so have their fun.

For us (with a child) the best part is seeing our little girl happy and smiling when she discovers the TREASURE that is inside most caches.
Treasure? What are your local cachers hiding that you'd call it treasure? I need to start caching in your area.
Don't forget: trade up, trade even, or don't trade.