long_description in API output

W4G_SOTAGoat

GSAK seems to parse the long_description field differently if it's an API download or PQ import. Specifically, a GPX export from a database populated by a PQ import shows additional waypoints in the long_description field. A GPS export from a database populated by an API download does not. Hence, you have no clue that a cache has additional waypoints by reading the cache description from a GPX file created by a database populated by an API download.

According to Clyde, the API populates some of the fields differently, causing issues in waypoints when processed by GSAK.

Does anyone know if the long_description and Waypoints download via the API is different than what you get in a PQ? If so, why?

GSAK seems to parse the long_description field differently if it's an API download or PQ import. Specifically, a GPX export from a database populated by a PQ import shows additional waypoints in the long_description field. A GPS export from a database populated by an API download does not. Hence, you have no clue that a cache has additional waypoints by reading the cache description from a GPX file created by a database populated by an API download.

According to Clyde, the API populates some of the fields differently, causing issues in waypoints when processed by GSAK.

Does anyone know if the long_description and Waypoints download via the API is different than what you get in a PQ? If so, why?

I agree with you, it's a problem having no clue of additionnal waypoints. I posted on GSAK forums, but had no response til now...

here is what i get for the same cache both ways :

PQ import :

fichierload.PNG

API download

geocaching.PNG

worse : "refresh data" through API overwrites long description making additional waypoints to disappear, unless i block the field "long description" in refresh settings

populating a database via the API is useless without additional waypoints in long description :(

Edited by orejane