Groundspeak Forums: Why does my app say "no network connection"? - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why does my app say "no network connection"?

#1 User is offline   BonfireSparklers 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Hi

I have just bought the geocaching for iphone 4 app. It was working fine yesterday when I downloaded it but today it says 'Offline' in the bottom left hand corner and so when I try to go to various features it says 'No Network Connection'...how do I get back online? My network connection is fine for all other apps/internet - I am at home using my own WiFi.

Probably 'user error' but I'm totally flumoxed so any help gratefully received :huh:

#2 User is offline   NicoleLackey 

• Premium Member

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

I noticed this once in the past week. If the app is not connecting to the network when it should, try closing, killing the app and reopening it. This will reestablish the connection.

If anyone else has this issue, please reply and include which phone version, app version and what type of network connection (3G or wifi) and strength.

Thanks and happy holidays!

#3 User is offline   JesandTodd 

• Restless Soul Syndrome...

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

This happened to me few times today. I was running the app "live" and it would just take forevere ((forever)) to just select the cache from the map screen.
Then it would go from 3G, to the edge, to offline. Mind you, I was in Seattle, not in the woods. Hard to believe I was on the edge network in Seattle...
Then I'd get the "no caches found" message, and i was offline for most of the day.

All other apps behaved normally. When I quick killed the app, I went back to 3G, full bars. Then the app would crash after I opened it, and then run fine for a cache or two.

But I could get on FB and all other apps when the GC app said offline. I could even double click over to FB, log something, and double click back to the GC app....and it still says I'm offline.

So, varying strengths, and my app/phone stats are in my siggy.

#4 User is offline   Dagr & Skinfaxi 

• Premium Member

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

I haven't suffered with this problem too much while using the Geocaching App however I installed the Challenges App today and can't get it to connect. I have closed the App completely and re-opened it but each time it launches it says No Network Available. I am using the iPhone 3GS and am running the latest OS. All other apps have no problem connecting to a network so it would appear there something it is the app itself which is having this issue.

I hope this helps and hope to get to use the app in the near future. I'll post again if this issues fixes itself.

Thanks

#5 User is offline   Dagr & Skinfaxi 

• Premium Member

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

I tried the Challenges App again today but shut the iphone down first and then restarted it before launching the App. Now it seems to be working fine!

#6 User is offline   Lieblweb 

• Premium Member

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

Like others have said....

Close the App and reopen it. If that doesn't work.....reboot the iphone.

That always works for me...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic