gpsmap 62 won't startup

GPShark

After working perfectly for the past 4 or 5 months, my gpsmap 62 has just decided it won't startup. I have fresh batteries in it (have tried 3 fresh sets of batteries) and it won't start up past the splash screen.

I thought there may be some corrupted files so I removed the gpx files that I had put on there - no difference.

Then I thought it mat need a software update so I updated that - still no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

After working perfectly for the past 4 or 5 months, my gpsmap 62 has just decided it won't startup. I have fresh batteries in it (have tried 3 fresh sets of batteries) and it won't start up past the splash screen.

I thought there may be some corrupted files so I removed the gpx files that I had put on there - no difference.

Then I thought it mat need a software update so I updated that - still no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

Groping in the dark here...

USB connection works OK by the sound of it.

Are you replacing the batteries with the same TYPE you have the unit set for? If not, try alternate types?

Do you have your unit software backed up on a PC?

Is it under warranty?

Thanks Eusty. Tried it, no luck.

Not using a mac, using a a pc. I can get a usb connection only by holding the rocker when plugging it into the computer (as instructed in the manual).

Have tried different batteries and same batteries.

Yes it's still under warranty so that will be my next option :( Was hoping not to have to send it away. oh well.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I had exactly the same last weekend. Eventually had to reset to factory settings (hold down Enter + Page buttons and press Power button, then follow on screen instructions).

No idea why it suddenly wouldn't load - been working fine for months, even after last firmware upgrade which I did a month or so ago.

Good luck