Cache Placement Request Letter

We have a great Wildlife management area near us. I am interested in placing some caches there. It has a long history and was once a flourishing place that had dally nature tours and was a common field trip location. Do to some financial issues/flooding/fire in the 90's it closed all of its onsite wildlife buildings. Tore down all its cages and closed everything but the trail system. Its still a great place to visit but not what it was in its hayday. There is a ton of history here. As well as being the Land of a Famous Childrens author. It was donated by the Author in the late 1800s to be used as a conservation area. Long story short. Im not great at writing letters so im wondering if there are any pre written request forms for placement of caches. That may show the benefits of having a cache on site. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Here is a little info on the area if anyone is interested.

http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/Sanctuaries/Laughing_Brook/index.php

An Here is an interesting Blog i found on the Area

http://hellsacres.blogspot.com/2010/09/ruins-of-laughing-brook.html

http://hellsacres.blogspot.com/2011/04/ruins-of-laughing-brook-part-2.html

Going in person is always the best way, but a sending a letter ahead of time might be a good ice breaker. I wrote this one a while ago. You are free to use it all or in part, alter it or ignore it.

Dear _______:

I'm writing to request permission to place a geocache in _______. If you are not familiar with the term geocache, it's the focal point of a sport called geocaching. This entails a person concealing a small, water resistant container (the geocache), usually containing a log book and trinkets, then using a Global Positioning System receiver (GPSr) to mark the longitude and latitude of the geocache. The coordinates are then published on the Internet to allow others to find it.

Geocaching is a fun, family oriented activity that has the benefit of getting people outdoors and introducing them to areas of historic, natural, or scenic interest.

Managers of many parks and nature preserves have determined that geocaching is a beneficial, low impact activity and encourage the sport on their lands. They see the additional visitors and increased exposure that geocaching brings as a plus. Geocachers often discover exciting new places through the sport, while getting exercise and gaining an appreciation for these areas.

I believe that ________ is one of the special places that would be of interest to geocachers and would like to explore the possibility of my placing a geocache there. I will be calling (or visiting if applicable) you shortly to discuss this, or if you prefer you can contact me at _________.

Thank You,

Edited by briansnat