• Support for tablets like the iPad and other mobile devices
• Display of only the caches in a Pocket Query instead of all caches at once
• Faster tooltips, at any zoom level
• Google Maps (find out why)
Try it out.
• Now resizing image uploads if the file is larger than 1mb or the width/height is greater than 2048 pixels
• Added setting choice in profile to hide Recently Viewed Caches from the private profile view
• Added ability to dismiss the downtime notification banner that appears at the top of the website ahead of scheduled maintenance
• Added the ability to filter the map by only those caches found within the Pocket Query you are viewing
• Replaced Google with Leaflet as mapping provider
• Integrated MyTopo topographical maps with new Leaflet implementation
• Added Croatian version of the Intro to Geocaching brochure
• Added new partner app Geo Bucket to list of approved apps on /Live
• Updated Challenge page titles to include the Challenge name
• Fixed inconsistent log type options for creating instant notifications; many more log types can now be selected
• Changed the Project A.P.E. cache description on cache_types.aspx to indicate there is only one left in the world
• Fixed field notes bug where in some cases the cutoff date for upload displayed as 01/01/0001
• Updated image gallery view to honor a user's choice of date display format
• Fixed bug preventing a user from Favoriting a cache from the find log confirmation page
• Fixed server error received by Trackable owner when removing another users image posted to their Trackable page
• Fixed bug preventing the sharing panel on log pages from appearing when logging from a field note
• Fixed display bug in IE8 which caused image edit controls to be obscured by page elements
• Removed redundant link on private profile to view archived caches that only appeared when a user had a cache waiting for review
• Fixed issue which prevented the proper display of Unicode characters in cache descriptions, name, and hint
• Fixed issue with Trackable stat bar sometimes failing to display a default image
• Fixed bug causing users to be logged out of the site after logging into third party apps (such as GSAK)
Geocaching Live API Beta
The beta launch of the Geocaching Live API continues!
Geo Bucket is a full paperless Geocaching application for all iPad, iPhone, and iPod users. You can download caches as GPX, LOC, ZIP file or use the Geocaching Live capabilities. The application supports creating Field Notes offline and sending those to Geocaching.com when an internet connection is available.
Happy Valentine's day everyone!