Can't load GPX onto Garmin Legend HCx?

Good Evening everyone,

I'm having a problem with my new Garmin Etrex Legend HCx. As I understand, from reading other posts, GPX files should be loaded onto the device itself, and not on the microSD card.

However, when I plug in my GPS, my computer doesn't see the GPS receiver, unless the microSD card is loaded. And in that case, it *only* sees the microSD card! Result: I have 38 GPX files loaded on it, but I'm unable to access any.

I have installed Garmin's GPS Communicator, but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

Any idea what steps I'm missing?

If this problem has been resolved in another post, please direct me there...

Thanks,

Georges

That unit requires 3rd party software to load the caches onto it. The card is not used at all for caches and is for additional maps only.

I would suggest EasyGPS (free) or GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to load the data from a GPX file. The unit is not a true paperless Geocaching GPS and will display only very limited data unless you load Geocaches as POI (points of interest) files via macro in GSAK.