No access to caches 403.6 forbidden

DrRush

I cannot access any geo-cache from my computer. There is always the same error message.

403.6 forbidden

IP address of the client has been rejected.

The requested page can not be accessed via anonymous proxies.

I switched my ip 2 times but it didnt helped. My ISP is "Kabel Deutschland". I dont have an anyonymous proxie or something like this.

I'm getting the same error message when I try to look at a cache description. Other parts of the website (map search, profile) are OK, but cache-listings give this error. On the geocaching.nl forum I saw that this also occured to another user from the Netherlands, but no solution.

Anyone here know a way to fix this?

ISP Proxy Server? There is no ISP proxy Server from kabeldeutschland. Are there proxies out there i can use? And why the hell is the website blocking my IP? This ist the only website i know i cant access, it must be a failure of the website.

Does someone know why Kabeldeutschland is blocked by geocaching.com?

If you are receiving this error, it means that you are running a proxy service to hide your online identity, and/or your IP is being identified by IP2Proxy.com as an anonymous one. If the former, you will need to stop running the anonymous proxy; if the latter, you will need to contact your ISP and find out why you have been labeled as anonymous.

If you are receiving this error, it means that you are running a proxy service to hide your online identity, and/or your IP is being identified by IP2Proxy.com as an anonymous one. If the former, you will need to stop running the anonymous proxy; if the latter, you will need to contact your ISP and find out why you have been labeled as anonymous.

And How could I stop running the anonymous proxy?

My ISP is Unitymedia (Germany). I do have this problem as well. Its appearance matches me starting to run a tor relay (but not surfing via tor myself). Could be the reason anyway I guess.

Whether or not it is good practice to keep people from using tor I stopped running my tor relay. Also ip2proxy.com does identify my IP as not running an anonymous proxy. However, the problem does not seem fixed.

In future I'd like to be able to run a tor relay AND use tor at the same time. That'd be great.

Cheers

Kono

/edit: Waiting half an hour or something after stopping my tor relay makes everything work. Anyway, I'd like to do both at the same time.

Edited by Kono

Hello Moun10Bike

At&t does not run any anonymous proxy service. My root issue is with operamini that is using some type of service that your website forbids. It's been running nicely for 2 years and then all of a sudden.. 403.6 forbidden

I went back the blackberry browser and after the last update, neither of the maps will load a graphical image. there are no logs to read in the RIM browser.

My primary use for operamini was to have the map display.

Please look into this issue please.

Dear Moun10Bike,

for me it doesn't make sense to block only cache listings for users allegedly using anonimisation but let the whole other stuff (map, cache lists, profiles, ..) be accessible. Could you please explain that to me? And additionaly: Why do you block at all?!

Thanks in advance

Kono

As you can read, this problem is because of IP2Proxy.com

Gocaching.com is paying this service to check the your IP adresses. If you are on this suspicious Blacklist you are blocked. They Block user without reason.

Its not because you are anonymous proxy it is because of a hidden reason. They have no impressum, no contact address. You will get no answer.

This is problem that geocaching.com has to solve.

Hi Moun10Bike. I was "playing" with a tor server on a Raspberry Pi and this seems to have got me listed in this IP2Proxy list.

I have not been running the proxy for many weeks now, but this seems to have been left in limbo - how should I get my IP delisted?

It is annoying as I now have to switch to a different internet link every time I want to use Geocaching.com....

Cheers from Melbourne.

Kangadrew72

(The dude who had you sign his lackey coin!)

Good to hear from you!

It is my understanding that even when you stop using Tor, there are DLLs left on the computer from the installation that are used to identify the computer as a Tor machine. You will need to make sure that all of those elements are removed and then wait ~24 hours for the system to "clear" your computer.