Seattle Must Gets

Ohiosiouxfan

well, I would suggest this in the NW forum. Perhaps someone will move it

if you sort by favorites you will see some neat ones by Dayspring with the name Tubular in them.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=48&sortdir=desc&sort=fav

also Double Bubble Toil & Trouble is on there.

if you go a bit north to Shoreline, I like GC2KHZE Elevated.

the PEACE puzzles are easy to solve if you want to finish that circle.

Squirrel Squash GC1ME43 just east of Elevated has an awesome container.

just depends what you want to get and which direction you want to travel.

There are some great caches in the Bainbridge Island / Bremerton area by Goblindust.

Some tough but neat caches in Juanita/Kirkland area.

Edited by lamoracke

Woah. I was literally going to list those exact caches. (TT series, double bubble, leave series). I'd say that list is a pretty good representation...

How long will you be staying? Interested in anything outside of Seattle? How about hiking?

Edited by JesandTodd

We'll hike at Mount Si one day. Only in SEA 4 days.

Was there a specific reason for choosing Mount Si? Just in my personal opinion, there are far prettier hikes nearby with a lot less traffic. If you go on a weekend, that trail can be a bit of a superhighway. SiHi is a nice cache at the top though.

I second wimseyguy's recommendation of hitting Ebey Bluffs - well worth it!

We'll hike at Mount Si one day. Only in SEA 4 days.

Was there a specific reason for choosing Mount Si? Just in my personal opinion, there are far prettier hikes nearby with a lot less traffic. If you go on a weekend, that trail can be a bit of a superhighway. SiHi is a nice cache at the top though.

I second wimseyguy's recommendation of hitting Ebey Bluffs - well worth it!

+1. I think the Mount Si hike is way over-rated. Rattlesnake Ledge is nearby and more enjoyable, e.g. But my personal "if I can only do one day hike on a mountain in Puget Sound" rec is Mt Pilchuck (Purgatory) on the Mountain Loop Hwy. And of course, the Big Four Ice Caves and Monte Cristo ghost town are on that same road. I guess that's why we're having our campout up there this year. :lol: (All of these are on the WSGA's 48 North cache recommendations list.)

Edited by hydnsek

+1. I think the Mount Si hike is way over-rated. Rattlesnake Ledge is nearby and more enjoyable, e.g. But my personal "if I can only do one day hike on a mountain in Puget Sound" rec is Mt Pilchuck (Purgatory) on the Mountain Loop Hwy. And of course, the Big Four Ice Caves and Monte Cristo ghost town are on that same road. I guess that's why we're having our campout up there this year. :lol: (All of these are on the WSGA's 48 North cache recommendations list.)

Thanks for the links! I've done none of these caches so I'll place them all on my radar ;)

I haven't done mt Si either, but the consensus from everyone I've met is that it is indeed overrated. Of course, I'll hike it here in a free weeks and make up my own mind.

Thanks Keystone and apologies for the wrong forum to start with. @Crow-T, ha, that was just a dbl post from a sketchy Iphone connection. I didn't have time to get to Ancient Pool, but did get some recommended caches including Double Bubble, Kerry Park(s), and Si Hi. I get back to SEA about once a year so will create my attack list for next time.

Thanks for endulging my questions this time around....oh, I know I saw Jellis' name in a cache log at some point these past few days as well - just don't recall which one at the moment. Cheers!