• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The First Estonian Geocoin

#1 User is offline   jpbarr 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi All,
I have been trying to get the first Estonian Geocoin made but have got stuck at the funding side. Someone suggested that I put it up on Kickstarter. Unfortunately, you can't use this site if you are outside the US. So I put it on this one :)
Be the first to get one :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

The front of the Geocoin shows a design I came up with using an antique brooch as the base. An oak leaf and acorn, which was a sacred tree, and the Estonian coat of arms with its 3 lions.

The final finish will be 1.75" (44mm) diam, 3mm thick coin in Antique Silver look. The grey colours on the picture show how the levels of the coin will be. The 3 colours used, blue, black and white are the colours of the Estonian flag.

The back also shows symbols of Estonia, a cornflower, a barn swallow and a verse from a poem by Estonian poet Lydia Koidula. Her poetry has held an important part of the Estonian independence. This verse symbolizes everyones need to go out and find their own way but reminds us not to lose sight of home

So far I have had some success towards my goal but am still a long way off.

jpbarr

This post has been edited by jpbarr: 01 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

#2 User is offline   jpbarr 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I would like give a huge thanks to the Finnish, Danish and Swedish Geocachers that have supported this project so far:) It is people like you that make things happen. I look forward to being able to thank more of you as we still have a long way to go.

Happy caching all

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic