Coordinates errors...

puczmeloun

There are two known coordinates error's - could GS do something with that?

Both are appear during "add new waymark process":

1) After I click on "save and continue" Waymarking server change "N" to "W" and there's nothing to do with that, than go back and manually change this...

2) Maybe more annoying error is that if I put coordinates in "decimal degrees" format, forgot to change it to "Degrees and minutes" one and I click on "save and continue" it just change to N 0.0 E 0.0 or and sometimes (it's just more unbelievable) to N 0.0 W 0.0, when both errors occur together :D

Please GS, do something with that...

There are two known coordinates error's - could GS do something with that?

Both are appear during "add new waymark process":

1) After I click on "save and continue" Waymarking server change "N" to "W" and there's nothing to do with that, than go back and manually change this...

This is an old bug - changing E to W and S to N. First officially reported 2 years ago. I solved that one for myself by moving to N53 W6.

2) Maybe more annoying error is that if I put coordinates in "decimal degrees" format, forgot to change it to "Degrees and minutes" one and I click on "save and continue" it just change to N 0.0 E 0.0 or and sometimes (it's just more unbelievable) to N 0.0 W 0.0, when both errors occur together :D

Decimal degrees work fine, I used them when I had a lot of WMs from our Norway trip this summer and downloaded coords from my GPS using gpsbabel, but I recall I was getting some strange errors sometimes, maybe when there were leading/trailing spaces in the decimal coords? Can you doublecheck your input and retest the bug?

This is an old bug - changing E to W and S to N. First officially reported 2 years ago. I solved that one for myself by moving to N53 W6.

Nice... I moved from N16 E49 to N 39 E 32, what obviously didn't help :D

Decimal degrees work fine, I used them when I had a lot of WMs from our Norway trip this summer and downloaded coords from my GPS using gpsbabel, but I recall I was getting some strange errors sometimes, maybe when there were leading/trailing spaces in the decimal coords? Can you doublecheck your input and retest the bug?

Yes, maybe the spaces are the core of the issue (I could not be sure, because it's random issue as the E/W one and in both cases I'm not sure, what it causes), but to be serious - i think, if its only about "spaces" this could be quickly repaired by GS. Couldn't it?

Case 1: Change E to W

Yes, this is time related! Best workaround is: Wait with the coordinates until you finished the rest. So coordinates are the last thing to enter. If you are fast enough you can enter them without the change of E to W.

Could you specify, what did you mean with "If you are fast enough you can enter them without the change of E to W."? Maybe i don't understand this properly... Thanks...

It's realy a shame GS is not able (or willing) to correct these old and well known errors! This means al lot of extra work for us when submitting a waymark. :angry:

Solution? Pressure! Waymark community strike! No more new Waymarks, until the GS fix these bugs! :D (btw it's little bit pity, that this topic is by GS overlooked for four days without any response...)

Edited by puczmeloun

It's realy a shame GS is not able (or willing) to correct these old and well known errors! This means al lot of extra work for us when submitting a waymark. :angry:

Solution? Pressure! Waymark community strike! No more new Waymarks, until the GS fix these bugs! :D (btw it's little bit pity, that this topic is by GS overlooked for four days without any response...)

I have a feeling that Groundspeak wouldn't care too much if there was a "strike" and would just shutdown Waymarking.com. Who knows, maybe that's what they secretly want us to do, so they can completely forget about the site once and for all.