Feature: "Trackable Items on Your Watchlist" on map

Mileleo

For some Unknown Cache you must collect Trackable (GC or TB) to get coordinates or pieces of coordinates to the actual location of the geocache. In some area there are a lot of mystery caches like that and some of those may have dozens of trackables included to obtain the coordinates to the geocache. So in practice you can have dozens of trackables on the watchlist. It is good to get emails about when the location of those changes, but in practice it is impossible to track where every GC or TB is located. For me, using the current implementation to follow and find those trackables is pretty hard.

Feature request is following:

1/ Provide a feature to web service to show trackables on watchlist on map containing information about the geocache and trackable. In practice on the map page there could be an option to show only geocaches having trackables which are on the watchlist. One option would be to have a link in the watchlist page to show the trackables on the map.

2/ Provide means in GC Live API to obtain information so that applications implementing GC Live API can show all trackables on the watchlist on the map.

I know that the information, actually the location, in the trackable may not be up to date due to the fact users may not log the trackable immediately when the trackable is removed from the geocache. But that same problem is there currently so I don't see that as a problem.

With these features you make a big favor to geocachers to help finding trackables they are watching on.

I doubt this would be very useful, but I am certainly not against such a feature.

For the few cases of trackables 'needing to be found in order to log a particular cache' I have seen, the trackable usually gets picked up too quickly for this to be helpful.

A cache with dozens of associated trackables you need to find in order to get the co-ordinates?

That would be on my Ignore List faster than you could say 'NO, THANKS!'

For the few cases of trackables 'needing to be found in order to log a particular cache' I have seen, the trackable usually gets picked up too quickly for this to be helpful.

A cache with dozens of associated trackables you need to find in order to get the co-ordinates?

It's helpful to certain extent. At least You can quickly see if they are supposed to be in caches or on somebody's possession. You can't rely this 100% but it's better than nothing.

This exaggerated 'need' to move the trackables around and hold them several days or weeks is the bigger problem in these cases. I'm on one challenge and it seems that some people are taking the trackables out from the caches really fast in sole purpose to take them and holding them longer than they are in the cache. There's been talk about change of codes between buddies instead of actually tracking the trackables. And it's also possible that the trackables are held in purpose to get other codes in return to the one Your holding. This challenge that I'm on is challenging enough without people holding the trackables and moving them around all the time. Trackables are geographically spread in large enough area as such and many of them are placed in challenging caches.

That was one example.

There are also let's say dozens, in my area maybe ten or so, Unknown Geocaches which all might have two to five trackables involved. In all together to follow the location of trackables is time consuming and the user experience is really poor. Geocachers might have a lot of trackables in the watchlist in different areas. Checking manually or actually remembering from the list which trackable was part of which city or area is actually impossible task without extra effort.