Iphone, Garmin Chirp, GarminANT+.

Hi.

I have been looking around but cannot get a definitive answer. If I buy a Garmin ANT+ for my Iphone 4 is there an app available that will allow me to use it to track and program Garmin Chirps? I am aware of other ANT devices that do work and have applications that run on the Iphone. But I am interested to know if the Garmin ANT+ will. Many thanks... Osi.

All understood. I do have 550t that obviously works with the system but I would also like to use the iphone. As I said I am aware of the Wahoo ANT that does work with available app but am more interested in if someone has got the Garmin ANT+ talking to the chirps. It seems to me that Garmin would sell a few more Chirps and ANT+ if they did. I don't think it would impact their sales of GPS's, in fact I think it would probably be financially beneficial for them. Osi

I have the Wahoo ANT+ adapter and use it with Geobeacon and my iPhone 4. I doubt anyone is going to invest heavily in ANT+ now that Bluetooth 4.0 is coming of age.

I'm looking at refreshing my iPhone 4 when the new one comes out later this year - and that means I'll have to replace my Wahoo ANT+ adapter (30 pin goes lightning). I'll more likely ditch the Wahoo mod and use my (as of December) new eTrex 30 for that. I got the Wahoo adapter so Runkeeper could talk to my Garmin heart rate monitor while I'm running.... I'll likely switch to a BT4.0 HRM instead of using the Lightning to 30 pin adapter (aka awkward for running). Even Garmin is heading to BT4.0 with things like the Oregon 6x0 series and Basecamp Mobile. Since the HRM and Cadence sensors are all heading to BT 4.0 I strongly suspect ANT+ is going to fade over the next few years.

I don't think Garmin is making enough money on chirp/tempē to justify investing a lot in the platform when their customer base is going to be pressuring them to go BT4.0

Still, I'm surprised the Garmin ANT+ adapter doesn't work with Geobeacon. Here I thought they just rebranded the Wahoo chip but obviously not then!