Attribute for Circulars

Spire67

That would only provide circuits where all the caches had been set by one person.

If you've got a circuit where one person set a few cache and another person filled in some spaces, or where someone set caches leaving gaps due to existing caches, you'd only get part of the circuit. You'd also miss caches that were a short distance from the circuit because they wouldn't have the attribute.

Isn't it just as easy to look at the map, see the circuits on the map, and then run the query based on the area?

You can sometimes see circuits on a map but not always. At the moment people have had to create bookmark lists of circuits that they have found. It would just enable people to search for circuits when they are wanting to do one. At the moment you have to hunt for them.

This goes along with the suggestions for an attribute for 'powertrails' or a 'cache series'.

On the surface it sounds like a great idea, and really...it is.

But, adding attributes to your listing is a somewhat complicated process. So complicated in fact that many cache owners forgo adding any to their listings.

I have my doubts that such an attribute would be consistently and correctly applied.

You can sometimes see circuits on a map but not always. At the moment people have had to create bookmark lists of circuits that they have found. It would just enable people to search for circuits when they are wanting to do one. At the moment you have to hunt for them.

How difficult it is to look at the map and see a load of green boxes arranged in a roundish shape?

Personally I'd rather take a few minutes and look for decent patterns myself rather than only select the ones that people have defined as a "circuit". That way I get the caches that happen to form a pattern as well as the endless "film pot behind post every 528 feet" loops.