Groundspeak Forums: Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected I can't send caches to my GPSmap 62s

#1 User is offline   Smitsen en maren 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

When I want to send caches to my GPSmag 62s I get the next announcement: Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. When I install the communicator Plugin it seems to go OK, but when I try to send a cache again I get the same announcement. By the way: till next week I did not have any problem with this.
Can anybody help me?

Smitsen en maren

#2 User is offline   baack40 

• Premium Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostSmitsen en maren, on 07 December 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

When I want to send caches to my GPSmag 62s I get the next announcement: Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. When I install the communicator Plugin it seems to go OK, but when I try to send a cache again I get the same announcement. By the way: till next week I did not have any problem with this.
Can anybody help me?

Smitsen en maren

Try plugging it into a different port.

#3 User is offline   Gitchee-Gummee 

• Minor Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Using Internet Explorer?

Try switching the "compatibility mode".

#4 User is offline   caretaker5 

• Premium Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

same problem for me with garmin etrex H, and garmin etrex venture. tried switching compatibility mode? not sure if I did that correctly or not, added Groundspeak to "list of websites I've added to compatible view" even put garmin on there. I used to have a compatibility button/tool I could click on to change the view of the page, but it appears to be gone? when I try to install I just keep getting led through the same loop with no resolution. I use internet explorer, and changing the port had no affect either. any suggestions?

#5 User is offline   BrianBongi 

• Premium Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was having the same problem as Smitsen with the Garmin communicator and not being able to download GC's to my handheld. What I did was: 1. Reloaded the communicator plug in. 2. While on the Geocaching.com page, On my toolbar on top of page go to the tools tab, open " Compatibility View Settings" and add Geocaching.com. I did this this morning and it's now working again.

#6 User is offline   caretaker5 

• Premium Member

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

this is still a problem in IE for me, but works just fine using google. not sure what they(IE)did, but I don't like it. anyone still having problems and not getting results with "compatibility view" tools should try a different browser.

#7 User is offline   Smitsen en maren 

• Premium Member

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostBrianBongi, on 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

I was having the same problem as Smitsen with the Garmin communicator and not being able to download GC's to my handheld. What I did was: 1. Reloaded the communicator plug in. 2. While on the Geocaching.com page, On my toolbar on top of page go to the tools tab, open " Compatibility View Settings" and add Geocaching.com. I did this this morning and it's now working again.

#8 User is offline   Smitsen en maren 

• Premium Member

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

BrianBongi,

Thanks for your advice. It works!!

Smitsen en maren

#9 User is offline   B+I.Aa. 

• Premium Member

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostSmitsen en maren, on 08 December 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

View PostBrianBongi, on 07 December 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Thanks this was very helpfull

#10 User is offline   Rod1947 

• Premium Member

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

I was having the same problem with my Garmin 62s, not sinking with my computer... I added in the compatibility view settings in Internet explorer, upper right had corner under tools, both geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com... I was then able to load the sink program for Garmin and it all works fine now... So far, this has solved my problem... Thanks...

#11 User is offline   Clan Lonewolf 

• Premium Member

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

This was also solved for us by adding Geocaching.com to our Compatibility View Settings". Thanks for the help!

#12 User is offline   Mitragorz 

• Premium Member

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

This happened to me the other day. Not sure why it wouldn't recognize the plugin... But I downloaded it again and tried it right away but still no dice. It worked fine after waiting a few minutes and trying again.

#13 User is offline   check1212 

• Premium Member

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Help!!!! Garmin Communicator Plugin indicates my eTrex 30 has been detected but Geocaching.com indicated that Garmin Communicator Plugin NOT detected. I tried the tools --> compatibility view settings --> geocaching.com fix but still no connection to my gps. [I have also tried every port on my Lenovo and repeated the steps multiple times] Any suggestions? THanks in advance. Check1212

#14 User is offline   check1212 

• Premium Member

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Check1212. I found a solution to this problem. I chose Firefox as my browser instead of Internet Explorer and I can now download files to my GPS again!!!! Cheers Check1212

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic