I - 95 list?

edscott

Going down I 95 from Wilmington DE to Jacksonville FL the first week of August. Has anyone already compiled a list of easy leg stretchers along the way? Don't have lots of extra time. Something like 15-30 minutes per cache.. maybe 10 total each way.... edscott

I don't know that anyone has compiled a list, but I'll offer a few in Central Virginia that fit the bill.

In the Southbound direction on I-95 just north of Fredricksburg is the very convenient and easy rest stop cache Welcome to Virginia! by scubagecko. Barely a ten minute stop, I'd say.

In the Northbound direction, about 20 miles or so north of Richmond is the rest stop micro I-95 North Micro Cache by The "B" Team. Another one that isn't even really a detour.

From either direction, but easiest Northbound is the Interstate Music Exchange by GeoLink. This is in the middle of Richmond, so do not take the I-295 bypass. In fact, the bypass is almost certainly slower anyhow. Northbound, take Exit 80 from I-95, bear right at the ramp, take the immediate right as you dead end into Hermitage and the park entrance is 100 yards on your left. It is literally a five minute hike from the parking.

Thanks for the suggestions. Between here and the SE forum and a bit of searching myself I have 15 quickies for the trip.. and another dozen or so while I am in Florida. Probably more than I'll have time for with all the other stuff I'll be into, but don't want to have any empty time while on the road..