Anyone Use Fugawi?

I would like to hear a review of Fugawi from anyone that uses it, I would especially like to hear a review of it's palm ap from anyone that uses that.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by RAD Dad:

I would like to hear a review of Fugawi from anyone that uses it, I would especially like to hear a review of it's palm ap from anyone that uses that.

Rad Dad I have Fugawi's mapping software and topos of my area. Personally I think its great. I use it extensively for waypoint/route/track management of all my hiking and geocaching hunts. I have not done a lot of map imports but what I have appears to be quite accurate and easy to do. Since I don't have a laptop I can't tell you much on the GPS moving map part of it but seems fine when using the simulation feature on my GPS V. The Palm ap works real good. Unfortunately I only have a Palm M125 so the downloaded topos aren't great due to the lack of colour. Even at that because of the screen size and map scale you have to do a lot of scrolling. Road maps are good but there again colour would be best. I much prefer having the topo printed out and handy in my map pouch.

I hope this is of some help. Happy Caching, Olar

299409_200.jpg

[This message was edited by Olar on May 08, 2002 at 07:38 PM.]

Ah! Another excuse to tell the story of how the mapmaking company Fugawi got its name and product inspiration.

It all started in the 1800's with the great, grand uncle of the founder who was the Indian cheiftain of the Fugawis out of the Northwest Territory of Canada. One day a great storm arose while the chief was leading his tribe through strange and uncharted territory. For interminable time they wandered through "white death" never knowing if they would survive. But the chief was stalwart and gave great spiritual support to his people and had a natural affinity to chart a safe, if unknown course. Finally after five horrendous days, there was a break in the terrible storm. The chief spied another tribe settled and living just beyond the rise and approached them with great anticipation. He seeked out the other chief, raised his palm in friendly greeting and spoke, "We're the Fugawi?"

Or so the story's told!

Alan icon_wink.gif

Ah! Another excuse to tell the story of how the mapmaking company Fugawi got its name and product inspiration.

It all started in the 1800's with the great, grand uncle of the founder who was the Indian cheiftain of the Fugawis out of the Northwest Territory of Canada. One day a great storm arose while the chief was leading his tribe through strange and uncharted territory. For interminable time they wandered through "white death" never knowing if they would survive. But the chief was stalwart and gave great spiritual support to his people and had a natural affinity to chart a safe, if unknown course. Finally after five horrendous days, there was a break in the terrible storm. The chief spied another tribe settled and living just beyond the rise and approached them with great anticipation. He seeked out the other chief, raised his palm in friendly greeting and spoke, "We're the Fugawi?"

Or so the story's told!

Alan icon_wink.gif