Metal Detectors

Will_302

quote:
Originally posted by Will_302:

I am interested in buying a metal detector. I have never had one before and plan to use it just for fun. Any suggestions on a make or brand? Thanks alot,

Will

Many, many, many years ago I took up the hobby and lasted about 2 years. At that time Garrett was the unit of choice. I still have mine and it makes a great decoration in my mud-room.

If you plan to use it in conjunction with geocaching then my advice would be to forget it. The two hobbies do not blend well together IMHO. I got tired of finding millions of soft drink can pull tabs and pennies.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

If you seriously want to get into this great hobby, there are many fine machines to choose from.

If you want to get it right first time i.e get a machine that you won't be wanting to upgrade in 12 months, it's a choice of two machines.

Whites Spectrum XLT or Minelab Explorer XS. These two are the machines that are always argued about when the topic 'which is best?' comes up.

"The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money"