Picture of the Can of Beans

TEAM 360

quote:
Originally posted by Dagg:

is that purple carpet???

Elvis style, shag up the wall, too...TYVM

No, just a towel for a backdrop.

I sprayed it with a rust converter/stopper, and have it supported by magnets on the top and bottom, to take any weight off the one strip of metal that is still holding it together. Of course, the magnets have a felt covering on them to prevent any scratches to the can surfaces. The top of the case is permanently sealed shut to prevent accidental opening and disturbing of the can. Now I just have to wait for the Antiques Roadshow to come back to Phoenix...

Wait, I can see Criminal now...---> icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by TEAM 360 on September 10, 2003 at 05:11 PM.]

I'll corroborate his claim. I found the beans back in 2000 when they were still in the waterlogged bucket and again at the plaque placement - it's the same can. icon_rolleyes.gif

(it really is - even had some beans still in it which makes you wonder what kind of preservatives they used)

Besides, I have the Champagne bottle the plaque was toasted/christened with. It'll be going up on eBay right along with the can icon_smile.gif

-----

Matt

K7MTO

We will need more relics like these if the "Church of Geocaching" is ever going to catch on. Every church needs a relic.

I went and CITO'd the area where my first ever geocache find got shredded by a mower. I couldn't bring myself to throw away the pieces.

Where can I get one of those nifty boxes. I already have a purple towl.

My goal is to be the first Church of Geocaching, Bishop, from Texas. Then everyone will have to polish me and my relic. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

...Church of Geocaching, Bishop, from Texas. Then everyone will have to polish me and my relic. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

I'll settle for deacon. Then while all the husbands are doing their alloted polishing duties I'll be checking up on the neglected wives.

RK,

I have now started 3 witty replies, but I keep cracking up. Ya got me. icon_wink.gif

Of course, I could become another David Quresh(sp?) as I become drunk with power. You deacons would be sleeping alone then.

What agency would begin the standoff? The Forest Service? BLM?

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
In-flight snack on the way home.

That just ruined my appetite.

Between the B.O. from all the sweating you did placing that plaque and those beans, I feel for those around you on that plane icon_eek.gif

j/k

-----

Matt

K7MTO

[This message was edited by makaio on September 10, 2003 at 08:26 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

We will need more relics like these if the "Church of Geocaching" is ever going to catch on. Every church needs a relic.

While I was in Portland this summer, I looked for the Church of Elvis. Couldn't find it. Some locals said that they had vacated the building, so I guess it's available if anyone wants to open the Church of Geocaching.

quote:
Originally posted by yumitori:

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Rest stopper? Pft, come on, you've got to vacuum seal that puppy!

Pan

Cast it in acrylic...

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

I considered casting it in acrylic, went and checked out the kits at the local crafts store...it would run me about $40 to buy enough of it with the catalyst agent. Once it's in acrylic, it's never coming out, either. Besides, it's not gonna rust any more down here in Arizona....

Haven't you ever found rusty things in the desert? Things still rust out here.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

From the FAQ:

quote:
Once found, a cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should try to leave something for the cache.

Just wondering what you left behind in trade? icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

From the _FAQ:_

quote:
Once found, a cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should try to leave something for the cache.

Oh, not too much, only a Plaque worth a few hundred dollars that pays tribute to the birthplace of this sport, set in concrete poured by my own hands with sweat and determination.

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

From the _FAQ:_

quote:

Oh, not too much, only a Plaque worth a few hundred dollars that pays tribute to the birthplace of this sport, set in concrete poured by my own hands with sweat and determination.

I'm so tired of hearing about people trading down

icon_wink.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:

I'm so tired of hearing about people trading down

icon_wink.gif

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

oh great one, should be bow down to you and give you praises or should be kick you in the @ss.

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

quote:
Originally posted by georapper:

i put a can of beanie weenies in one of my caches, someone ate them in less than 4 days. next i tried BBQ vienna sausage, someone ate those quick, next i tried sardines in mustard sauce, someone ate those. what's up with that?

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

WHEN WILL THE INSANITY STOP??!! icon_eek.gif