Logo buttons signature item ...

Guest Rich in NEPA

Guest Rich in NEPA

Howdy, folks!

My newest ?signature item? is now ready for action. These 3" buttons come in pin-back and magnetic versions. Look for them in a Geocache near you real soon (that is, if you live in the PA-NY-NJ area! icon_biggrin.gif ).

logo_button.jpg

Which design do you like best? One has a the 4-box logo on a plain background; the other has a topo map background.

Cheers ...

------------------

~Rich in NEPA~

====================================================================

? A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ?

Guest sidewinder

Rich in NEPA. Those pins are cooooool. Too bad I don't live closer as I would be searching them out. I like the ones with the topo map background. Nice job.

sidewinder

ANYTHING? (I guess it means I know what I'm missing -- and that I can pronounce Carnegie correctly icon_smile.gif

I like 'em both a LOT, but I think my favorite combination would be the topo map magnet kind

Great job, Rich! Planning any trips to, say, Yellowstone National Park? we have some AWESOME caches in southeastern Idaho that could use some visiting -- especially the ones placed by wavydave or shel icon_smile.gif

I'm starting to feel like I live on the wrong side of the country ... doesn't the fact that I lived the first 12 years of my life in Pittsburgh mean ANYTHING? (I guess it means I know what I'm missing -- and that I can pronounce Carnegie correctly icon_smile.gif

I like 'em both a LOT, but I think my favorite combination would be the topo map magnet kind

Great job, Rich! Planning any trips to, say, Yellowstone National Park? we have some AWESOME caches in southeastern Idaho that could use some visiting -- especially the ones placed by wavydave or shel icon_smile.gif

Guest Markwell

OK - when is someone going to come up with an embroidered patch looking exactly like Rich's buttons. And when are they going to place it in a cache near N 41° 39' W 088° 14' (near home).

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest Dutchboy

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

OK - when is someone going to come up with an embroidered patch looking exactly like Rich's buttons. And when are they going to place it in a cache near N 41° 39' W 088° 14' (near home).

My wife has already designed the embroidered patch. Send me your address via email and I will send you one.

DutchBoy

kholland at dmrtc.net

Guest GeoScouter

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

My newest ?signature item? is now ready for action. These 3" buttons come in pin-back Which design do you like best? One has a

They really look cool! Send some down to the York area. I like the Topo map background button.

Guest AlienPuppy

Dude.

You beat me to it. I have my Badge-a-minit ready to make some signature badges, but have been to lazy/busy to design one. I've been making generic ones, and leaving those so far...

BTW, the pic is busted. Can't see you design. (Is working now, never mind.)

/Alienpuppy

[This message has been edited by AlienPuppy (edited 08 February 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by bk11:

Yes! The patch is awesome:

8013_200.jpg

I agree. Looks just like a BSA merit badge. Any chance these are for sale?

Seems like the setup Sunrise identity did for the baseball caps would work for making stand alone square patches as well. Any chance these are in the future, Jeremy?

[This message has been edited by Eoghan (edited 08 February 2002).]

Guest Rich in NEPA

Thanks, everyone, for your gracious feedback. These first designs are mostly experimental, but I will be making more of the magnetic topo background version that seems to be the favorite. New designs are in the works, now that I have an idea what may be prized most. Cheers, and happy caching...

------------------

~Rich in NEPA~

? A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ?

as the topo ones seem to be the most popular...

if you find yourself looking for a home for those magnets with the white background, why, I have lots of space on my geocaching shelf -- let me send you my mailing address icon_smile.gif

Guest Rich in NEPA

Just need to get back into the swing of it once more and find the extra time!!!

Nevertheless, I'm certain you can go to most any novelty/party store and arrange to have them made for you. You might also try searching the Web for custom button/badge makers or suppliers.

Finally, as AlienPuppy pointed out, there are cheaper systems on the market. They are a little more labor-intensive, but for small runs of a few dozen pieces, it might be the best alternative ... especially if you have a talent for doing the graphics.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

[This message has been edited by Rich in NEPA (edited 09 February 2002).]

Guest Rich in NEPA

inally, as AlienPuppy pointed out, there are cheaper systems on the market. They are a little more labor-intensive, but for small runs of a few dozen pieces, it might be the best alternative ... especially if you have a talent for doing the graphics.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by crusso:

Did u make the buttons ureself or have them made? Do u have any info on this? I'd like to get some made.

Crusso, yes, I do make them myself. I have a small graphics/sign business and about 10 years ago I had a couple of very large projects requiring pin-on buttons and badges. The machine that I bought was very expensive, but it made the job so much easier and paid for itself in a short time.

machine.gif

Since that time, I haven't had much call for custom buttons so my equipment mostly sat around in a corner gathering dust. Along comes Geocaching, and I thought here's an interesting application. Just need to get back into the swing of it once more and find the extra time!!!

Nevertheless, I'm certain you can go to most any novelty/party store and arrange to have them made for you. You might also try searching the Web for custom button/badge makers or suppliers.

Finally, as AlienPuppy pointed out, there are cheaper systems on the market. They are a little more labor-intensive, but for small runs of a few dozen pieces, it might be the best alternative ... especially if you have a talent for doing the graphics.

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Rich, they're outstanding. As always, you contribute so much time and energy to this sport, and you give us a little something extra to look forward to when we visit a cache after you've been there (which is just about every time icon_smile.gif). For once I can say I'm happy that I live in Scranton!

~Zh.

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by Zhanna:

For once I can say I'm happy that I live in Scranton!

Gee, you're making me blush! I don't know what to say, except ?thanks very much.? It's not totally selfless, you know. My pleasure comes from knowing that people like you are pleased. I guess I've always believed that what goes around comes around, too, if you know what I mean. And, I really appreciate when I go to a cache and it shows that a lot of thought and consideration went into it. I've enjoyed your caches immensely!

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Thanks, Rich! We've been putting a bit of thought into the location for our next cache and we've found a spot you will probably enjoy. I just hope that by the time we get to that location, there's not already a cache there!

~Zh.

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

I just had a few dozen of these ceramic tiles with magnetic backs made to use as a cache trinket & trading item. They're 2 inches square and came out pretty nice!

Now that's a unique and cool concept! Looks really good. I like that. Did you have the graphic silk-screened, or is it somehow baked into the glaze?

I wonder how long it'll take some of these fine examples of creativity to reach the caches in my area! confused.gif

~Rich in NEPA~

[This message has been edited by Rich in NEPA (edited 16 February 2002).]

Guest Steak N Eggs

quote:

[This message has been edited by Rich in NEPA (edited 09 February 2002).][/b]

But it's not just the same as if another GEOCACHER made them Rich. If your dedicated to geocaching, you stay with geocaching. icon_smile.gif

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

Guest infosponge

Hi Rich...

I'm not sure what the process is exactly. It looks like the design is printed digitally onto the tile and then glazed. The actual design on the tile is slightly fuzzier than the mockup I posted.

Since I'll be leaving these in caches in Florida and only get to PA once or twice a year, I'll be glad to trade trinkets by mail with you. Drop me a note via geocaching.com.

I ordered these on iprint.com, about $3.50 each in quantities of 12+, $3.00 each in quantities of 36+. They had a 24-hour turnaround, which was great.

Here's a front/back photo with a battery for comparison:

geomag1.jpg

[This message has been edited by infosponge (edited 16 February 2002).]

Guest infosponge

BTW - if anyone wants to order some of those for themselves and needs help creating the graphics, let me know. If I'm not too busy with work I can help you out. I'll trade the time for one of your trinkets for my collection. icon_smile.gif

Guest Tomebug

ave two of them, plus one she made for our first S.CA picnic. They fly out of the caches pretty quickly. She also made some "I found ..." buttons for the individual caches she places them in with graphics of either a photo of the area or a topo map of the same. I haven't been lucky (or fast) enough to get one of those yet. Maybe next week!!

Guest Tomebug

Just for your info, we have a geocacher here in Southern CA who has made geocaching buttons that look almost exactly like Rich's and has been placing them in caches for a few months. I have two of them, plus one she made for our first S.CA picnic. They fly out of the caches pretty quickly. She also made some "I found ..." buttons for the individual caches she places them in with graphics of either a photo of the area or a topo map of the same. I haven't been lucky (or fast) enough to get one of those yet. Maybe next week!!

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
Originally posted by Tomebug:

They fly out of the caches pretty quickly.

I can relate. Spent a good part of an evening this weekend making up another two dozen with the 4-box logo!

quote:
She also made some "I found ..." buttons for the individual caches she places them in with graphics of either a photo of the area or a topo map of the same.

Me, too. But, I have two more of my caches to make custom "I Found It!" buttons for. All this takes time. But I don't think these kinds of things will circulate 'cuz everybody wants to keep them. Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

Guest infosponge

You can't sell anything with the Geocaching logo on it. Only Groundspeak / Jeremy can do that. It's OK to make your own cache trinkets, etc., but only for your personal use.

Anybody have a copy of that vector based geocaching logo? I know it was posted on the forums some time ago but I can't seem to find it. I guess I could bug jeremy for it but thought I'd throw the question out here first.... If anyone has it my e-mail address is:

bushguy@rogers.com

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Guest kayakgang

I to agree that the button with the topo is a keeper. By the way do you have any caches in NJ? Sure would love to find one of those buttons. Kayakgang

quote:

Howdy, folks!

My newest ?signature item? is now ready for action. These 3" buttons come in pin-back and magnetic versions. Look for them in a Geocache near you real soon (that is, if you live in the PA-NY-NJ area! icon_biggrin.gif ).

logo_button.jpg

Which design do you like best? One has a the 4-box logo on a plain background; the other has a topo map background.

Cheers ...

Guest Rich in NEPA

quote:
By the way do you have any caches in NJ? Sure would love to find one of those buttons. Kayakgang

Thanks much. I haven't hidden any caches in NJ, but I've placed some Geocaching.com logo buttons and other signature trade pieces in a couple of north Jersey caches. I'll be back again soon 'cuz there are so many caches there that I have yet to find!

C'mon over to northeast PA. We've got quite a few nice cache hunts, here, too. I'm sure you'll have a good chance at acquiring some signature trade pieces!

~Rich in NEPA~

[This message has been edited by Rich in NEPA (edited 05 March 2002).]

Guest Opus P

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

You can't sell anything with the Geocaching logo on it. Only Groundspeak / Jeremy can do that.

What about selling at cost? If someone pays $1.00 a piece to have some trinket made, can they then re-coup the $1.00 cost from a fellow cacher? Do you know if that issue has been addressed?

------------------

Opus P

Crathvaf Ehyr

Visit my Buddhist Reading Room.