what do you bring with you on a geo search?

TimSkells

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

I'd have to add that I always bring my wife.

Well, if you want to interpret the question that way, on a cache hunt I always bring with me the haunted emptiness of a failed marriage and the existential angst of a life devoid of meaning.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

I'd have to add that I always bring my wife.

Well, if you want to interpret the question that way, on a cache hunt I always bring with me the haunted emptiness of a failed marriage and the existential angst of a life devoid of meaning.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

Lep, think of your therapy!

Cache you later,

Planet

Afraid of heights? Not me, I'm afraid of widths!

I don't know how old you are, but assume you're under 16 since you mentioned your dad. Most important thing would be to let someone know where you'll be all the time. A fanny pack loaded with trades, flashlight, small first aid kit, bug spray, cell phone........umm those are pretty much the essentials for a beginner. Also, most caches are only slightly off the trail, so try to stick to trails as much as possible. You don't want to get lost out there. And you might consider not going by yourself......it's best to have a friend with you. Ok, I'm done playing the motherly role. icon_biggrin.gif

Most of all.......have a blast!!

worried.gif Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

I bring my wife as after 28 years of marriage I'm still not allowed to play alone. But she's a great finder. I'll get us close and she finds the thing almost every time.

I do print out the cache page and often on the back of it I'll print a map. I also have some topo maps of the area. That has saved me tons of time spent on wrong roads or trails.

I can't cache much this time of the year because of basketball practices and games but when it's over I'll hit it hard again. So right now I'm putting together a folder of caches in various areas so I can hit several a day.

A compass is a very good thing to bring.

I hear voices.....and they don't like you!