Camera Caches

Guest irvingdog

Guest Mr. Snazz

I've visited 13 caches so far, and have only found one camera. For whatever that's worth icon_smile.gif this is in Oregon, fyi.

I did place a disposable camera in the second cache that I've hidden, not sure if anyone has taken shots yet. For less than a $6 risk, I think a camera is a great cache addition and should occur more often.

Guest Mr. Snazz

I've visited 13 caches so far, and have only found one camera. For whatever that's worth icon_smile.gif this is in Oregon, fyi.

I did place a disposable camera in the second cache that I've hidden, not sure if anyone has taken shots yet. For less than a $6 risk, I think a camera is a great cache addition and should occur more often.

Guest macdaddymd@aol.com

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking about a cache where the CAMERA is the goal? Many caches include a camera for the enjoyment of the hider, who may or may not post the results on the site. I don't know of any STATIONARY camera caches, but here's one where the site moves, with photos being the goal:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=14833

Hope this helps.

geologo.gif

------------------

Kent

Harrisonburg, VA

macdaddymd@aol.com

Guest Mr. Snazz

there is also a cache type, the 'webcam cache'. Here in oregon, there are a lot of "traffic cameras" which would be perfect for this sort of cache. Travel to the location, pose, and get someone to save the cam image (as per the webcam cache description)

this sort of thing could also work well with public area webcams (like at coffee shops, parks, etc, wherever a cam happens to be).

Guest Markwell

Here's the links to ten broader versions of the Virginia Project:

The Photographer?s Cache

The Photographer?s Cache II

etc. (the rest of the links are on those pages for the five hosted by Blackjak and the five that I host.

As far as having a disposable camera in the cache itself, there are a bunch of caches that have their results on the web in various formats. Unfortunately, there's really no uniform method of getting this stuff up.

On my cache The Giving Tree, I had the pics developed online and saved them permanently through my ISP on my site, and then created an HTML document that links to the thumbnails and full images. Then I uploaded the HTML document as an ?image? on the cache page.

Take a look at the results. I'm pretty happy.

Here's a direct link to the photo album.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

I have come across quite a few cameras while on the hunt. I had not thought of it until reading this thread but it just occurred to me....I am placing a cache in the next week or so...I think that there will be a camera in it! Hopefully I will get pics up on the net in a month or two (depending on how many folk actually find the cache and use the camera).

macro

Guest Misguided One

I placed my first cache a couple of weeks ago, and after finding several caches with cameras in them, I thought it was a great idea and a wonderful way to put faces with the names of the people that have found my cache.