Watching This Cache.

JohnX

I have a few caches placed and I notice I often have more than one account watching them. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but is there a way to check who these watchers are?

Also, Broken Links report; Main page, click on contact us, links to Groundspeak Forums are broken.

A while ago there was a poll (set up by Jeremy) about who should be able to see who are the people on the watchlist, and if I remember right, the clear majority wanted at least the cache owner to be able to see the names. However, since only couple of hundred forum readers of tens of thousands voted, the administration said that it's an unscientific poll, and they didn't improve the watchlist option in any way. Please correvt if I remembered something wrong.

The only way to know the people on your cache's watchlist is maybe to post a note on your cache page, where you (politely) ask the watchlist people to email you who they are. ;)

However, since only couple of hundred forum readers of tens of thousands voted, the administration said that it's an unscientific poll, and they didn't improve the watchlist option in any way. Please correct if I remembered something wrong.

That was pretty much it. Most people were indifferent about the watchlist, and there were enough that said "no" that it seemed better to leave it as-is.

That was pretty much it. Most people were indifferent about the watchlist, and there were enough that said "no" that it seemed better to leave it as-is.

If I recall correctly, around 80 percent of the respondants wanted the capability in some form (available to the owner only, or everyone). It was only a very small percentage who were against it. The rest didn't care one way or another.

Well, then why don't we settle this again. New Message Boards.....Lets test out the poll feature. Why don't we just run a new poll and see what the results are now. Just an Idea....

Baptist Deacon :P

It still wouldn't be scientific. We vocal few in the forums are outnumbered by the silent majority who don't really care about anything but finding caches. Their lack of an opinion is often cited as a counterpoint to our spoken opinion.