Groundspeak Forums: Fastest 18 Wheeler In The World. - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fastest 18 Wheeler In The World. Highest speed ever reached.

#1 User is offline   Team Lyons 

• Geocachers
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:19 PM

Just wanted everyone to know that I have the fastest 18 wheeler in the world. This morning between 5:30 and 6:00 I hit 251 mph! That's almost a hundred miles per hour faster than last weeks top speed of 147! I seem to hit "top speed" around Ft Indiantown Gap which is some kind of big military base in central PA. I wonder if they jam the sat. signals near the base? This never happen before except in this area.

#2 User is offline   Doombot! 

• Geocacher

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:41 PM

Team Lyons, on Nov 25 2003, 04:19 PM, said:

Just wanted everyone to know that I have the fastest 18 wheeler in the world. This morning between 5:30 and 6:00 I hit 251 mph! That's almost a hundred miles per hour faster than last weeks top speed of 147! I seem to hit "top speed" around Ft Indiantown Gap which is some kind of big military base in central PA. I wonder if they jam the sat. signals near the base? This never happen before except in this area.

I cracked 181 MPH in my 2002 Turbo Jetta once...I have a GPS to prove it.

OMG, I found a picture of you!!!

This post has been edited by Doombot!: 25 November 2003 - 04:45 PM

#3 User is offline   scalpel 

• Tadpole
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:10 PM

While walking to a couple caches in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness I hit 774 MPH.
Kept it as the high speed in my receiver.

#4 User is offline   Kitch 

• Geocacher

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:16 PM

i can walk 3 mph

#5 User is offline   StormShadow 

• Geocacher

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:22 AM

Amazing considering all the accidents that they have been having on I-81 this week. I feel for you if you got tangled up in any of those. Seeing that you drive truck I assume you hit Carlisle pretty often. :(

#6 User is offline   Dan-oh 

• Premium Member

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:48 AM

Top speed is distance vs time. Didja ever think that its the time thats off kilter? Imagine the military's Project Time Warp. Or is it just UFOs?

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right...
Let's do the Time Warp again!

#7 User is offline   CYBret 

• MR. GEOCACHING!
  • Group: +Charter Members

Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:13 PM

If I recall correctly, I once drove at 1200 mph according to my Venture. I also went for a walk and hit 40mph. I was able to look at my track log on that one and see it pointing me off to the west a few yards and then right back on the course I was really walking.
Those little satellite "hiccups" are neat. Hmmm I wonder if a 75 mph "hiccup" would hold up in traffic court?

Bret

#8 User is offline   Team Lyons 

• Geocachers

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:11 PM

StormShadow, on Nov 26 2003, 06:22 AM, said:

Amazing considering all the accidents that they have been having on I-81 this week. I feel for you if you got tangled up in any of those. Seeing that you drive truck I assume you hit Carlisle pretty often. :(

I miseed all the wrecks thank God! With all the construction out that way and people being it's no wonder why people are getting killed. There's a section (Harrisburg Beltway I believe is the name) where I have to merge left then right all within 300' without killing myself or anyone else. It's insane.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic