Pocket Queries And Archived Caches

The Wet Coast Explorers

I just tried to create a pocket query for all caches that I've found - I was creating a map of my finds - and when I got the results, I noticed that archived caches seem to not be included.

Is there a way to get archived caches included in the PQ results?

I did a quick search of the forums and couldn't see this already addressed, but please Markwell me if it has.

I ended up doing something similar. The problem is you have to keep on top of all of your previous caches to note when one becomes archived or unavailable. This will eventually be a MAJOR hassle.

Actually, no you don't. Instead of replacing the old "found" file with the new one, use a program such as Watcher (great program ClayJar) and merge the two files together. Then save the merged file as your found file. This keeps all the caches from the old file, and adds in the new ones from the new file. That way you don't lose caches from the file, just because they've been archived since you found them/last ran the PQ.

Based on previous threads, I know that many of us keep databases in excel or access of their finds. I keep mine in Excel. By including coord info in this database, I have a file that is easily importable to S&T of all my finds. It does not rely on PQs based on my finds nor does it require additional supplemental software.